Tree branches on Verizon wires (Not to home)
Treeonwiresguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a tree within the easement of my home (along large road) that has large branches laying and bending utility wires. I have called the power company and there powered lines are on the other side of the road. I called Verizon once and a home technician came out very confused thinking it was the service to my house (although I explicitly said this was NOT the case when putting in ticket). He said he'd update the ticket so "the crew that trims tree would remove the branch". That was a couple of months ago. A recent major wind storm has brought more branches down on the wire. I called a technician today 12/29/20 and was told that "Verizon doesn't trim trees and doesn't have anyone that does that work". I am in a bind here, tree companies won't touch the tree because it's laying on wires and Verizon says they don't do remove wires. This Verizon wire serves multiple communities and neighborhoods. How would Verizon handle this if a tree comes down and knocks out service to hundreds of people? It sounds as if Verizon only cares about the immediate, not the preventative approach...

0 Likes
Re: Tree branches on Verizon wires (Not to home)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Treeonwiresguy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes