Switch Account

Triple Play bundle with 10/2 internet to 15/5

Triple Play bundle with 10/2 internet to 15/5

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 10
(14,367 Views)

I'm 8 months into my contract with a one year agreement. I have the triple play bundle with internet speeds of 10/2. Is there a way I can upgrade to the new triple play bundle with the 15/5 internet or do I have to wait until my contract is up?

We are paying $109.99 right now after the 6 month's of $99.99. I just want to upgrade the internet connection while keeping the same price of $109.99 instead of canceling my contract and pay a load of money and renewing.

9 REPLIES 9
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 10
(14,354 Views)

upgrading is not cancelling

just call the billing/sales guys, they will love to upgrade you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 10
(14,336 Views)

They will charge me right? Smiley Sad

Copper Contributor URspider
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 10
(14,296 Views)

They should upgrade you and you will just have to pay the current bundle price.  I am having a similar issue - just in reverse.  I have 20/5 - and moving locations, and they don't offer 20/5 anymore, but instead 25/5 but at $15 a month more.  I told them I don't want that because I didn't agree to that price, and they said too bad - you pay current bundle price or pay cancellation fee (which I also think is incorrect - but that is another story).  

So I think in your situation, as long as you pay current bundle offer price - you should be fine.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 5 of 10
(14,271 Views)

Smiley MadThey said no because I am in a contract with the 10/2....................................................................

I either have to cancel and renew, or wait until the contract is over.....................................................

Highlighted
Copper Contributor URspider
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 10
(14,236 Views)

You have got to be kidding me.    That is ridiculious.

Copper Contributor erinsmiles
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 10
(13,999 Views)
Call again and speak with another agent! You can upgrade!
Contributor smartshopper
Contributor
Message 8 of 10
(13,898 Views)

We are currently Verizon customers - we have unlimited long distance (which we hardly use, but still is good to have), Internet service and DSL for 4 rooms.  Our monthly bill is $165 a month.. just $35 shy of $200 per month but the real kicker is that we dont even have any movie channels.  I'd like to know why we are being charge sooooo much money per month.  I am now contacting Comcast to see if they would be less expensive.  If they are, we will be saying goodbye to verizon!

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 9 of 10
(13,530 Views)

@smartshopper wrote:

We are currently Verizon customers - we have unlimited long distance (which we hardly use, but still is good to have), Internet service and DSL for 4 rooms.  Our monthly bill is $165 a month.. just $35 shy of $200 per month but the real kicker is that we dont even have any movie channels.  I'd like to know why we are being charge sooooo much money per month.  I am now contacting Comcast to see if they would be less expensive.  If they are, we will be saying goodbye to verizon!

You should not be paying that much. O_O

That's crazy!!!!! Smiley Indifferent

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 10 of 10
(13,046 Views)

@smartshopper wrote:

How many phone lines?

Depending on the features, a single line should not be like that. Unlimited LD package with a fixed set of feature should be about $50-$60 and DSL not more than $50. Perhaps you are paying for multiple features at the per feature price. CALL your local sales office and complain. I am sure they can fix it. If you say you feel you have been getting ripped off and are going to leave, they may even issue a credit of some sort.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.