Trying to disconnect service - I no longer live in my home!
DMH32

I began the process of trying to cancel my account 2 weeks ago as I sold my home and I no longer am living there/no longer using the service.

On 3/17, I spoke with Mariel who said the account couldn't be closed until the service was restored. I was told a ticket was created to process the suspension reversal and once done, she'd disconnect service. I was told I would receive a call back in 3 - 5 business days to confirm. A call back was never received.

On 3/27, I called and spoke with a rep who said my account was still on suspension. She created an order to restore service and would disconnect as soon as processed. I was told this would take 24 hours. She also said the account was noted. I received an email at 3:36 pm stating my service has been reactivated but not pertaining to my cancellation.

I called again on  3/30 and spoke with Angel. I was told there was no order for cancellation. She then put in an order for the cancellation and said the cancellation would take place by the end of the day.

The evening of 3/30, I put in for a request for a call back with the automated system for 3/31 at 2:00 pm.

On 3/31 beginning 12:41, I engaged in a chat with Jennifer to follow-up on my cancellation request. I provided her the Order number and was told she had no information and was then provided the number to call to request a cancellation.

On 3/31 @12:56pm I called and spoke with Alex. She reviewed my account and again, put in an order for cancellation. She took my number and said I'd receive a call back between 15-60 minutes from the automated system confirming my cancellation of service. She also said she'd call back in 60 minutes to confirm cancellation had taken place. No automated callback or call back from her was received.

The callback from 3/30 scheduled for 3/31 @ 2pm never came. 

On 3/31 @ 2:19 I called and spoke to Ann who informed me that my account couldn't be canceled because it was still in suspension mode. I then demanded to speak with her supervisor. I was told he/she was on another call so I waited. After 15 or so minutes, Ann came back on the line and said her supervisor was done and would call me back. She thanked me and my call was disconnected. I still have not received the call back from the Supervisor.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever had to deal with. I've been with this company for many years and never had a problem like this. I am unable to speak with anyone from the United States and when asked to be transferred, I am told they are unable. I am in desperate need to get this resolved. Can anyone who is from the US please help me with this????? I have been more than patient, but my patience is quickly running out! I don't know what else to do!

0 Likes
Re: Trying to disconnect service - I no longer live in my home!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DMH32,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes