Unable to link AOL account
SickOfVerizun
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got dsl last week. i installed the software and chose AOL as my online experience.  everything installed, i have verizon AOL vr installed.Orignially when logging in i only had % and guest as sign on options but i ran the AOL quick fix and now i have 'existing member', guest or new user. but when i login using existing account, i get error invalid screen name and/or password. well i know the password is correct. i go to aol.com and it says invalid screen name. i just created the accoutn so i dont see how  i am entering the password wrong so i went to myverizon and reset the AOL password anyway and it said it would send the password to my email registered .... that was yesterday ... and i have not gotten an email.

the funny thing is i have already created like 5 screen names just tryin to get this working both within the verizon software install an on aol's website. if i register a new screen name on aol.com, i can log into the AOL VR software but it will not be linked to my verizon account so i can get all teh premium services on AOL. but if i register a new screen name using the verizon software, it will link the screen name chosen, but when logging into AOL via the software or the Aol website, it says the screen name is invalid. i thought i would go onto myverizon and changed the linked screen name, well it doesnt work that way eitehr. if i use any of the screen names i created from aol.com, i get error that the screen name could not be registered and to try another screen name. if i try to link a verizon screen name it will link, but once again i cant login to the aol software with it.

i dunno but it seems like its stuck to me. i cant login to verizon aol with screen names created on aol.com and i cant login to regular aol with screen names created by verizon aol. lol .. ive been trying to get this done since i started the dsl service last week and i know technical support isnt going to be able to fix it. all theyre going to tell me to do is create a new screen name which i have already done 5 times and it get teh same results. the aol and verizon aren't linking like theyre suppose to.

can anyone help with this?

0 Likes