Unannounced service calls?
SeeSharper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it common practice for Verizon technicians to show up unannounced to 'verify the grounding' of my equipment? This has happened to me not once, but twice since I started my FiOS service.

I find this to be a very unsettling practice, my wife is generally home alone, and I would prefer that she didn't have to make a split second decision whether or not some guy with a Verizon badge is the real thing. I would appreciate a call before hand from now on, because if it happens again, she has instructions to tell him that he cannot come in, which she really should have done in the first place. 

Re: Unannounced service calls?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Regarding grounding issues, I would say it isn't that uncommon. A while back, Verizon did get into some hot water over how some of the techs were not properly grounding the ONTs. What they're basically doing now is checking over FiOS installations to make sure the grounding is met to the current standards. I suppose one visit is fine, but a second visit might be a mistake. Even then, if you're unsure I suppose it's best to play it safe rather than sorry. Otherwise, if it isn't for grounding, unannounced service calls should never happen.

0 Likes