Unfair Early Termination Fee Charges

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Unfair Early Termination Fee Charges

Message 1 of 2
(5,273 Views)

I signed up for service in August 2009.  I was told that if I need to move to a location that does not have Verizon FiOS then I would not be charged ETF.  I am moving next week to a location that does not have Verizon at all.  I called to let Verizon know, and sure enough, they are trying to charge $179 ETF.  I explained the situation to them and spoke to a supervisor.  The supervisor said, "sorry, stores and sales reps do not have the most up to date information and they may have told you incorrect information.  You will be charged $179 ETF".  I think that this is totally unfair.  If the policy changed in June and Verizon associates should know about it and tell customers the truth.  If I had known, I never would have signed up for this service to begin with.  This is totally unfair.

Does anyone know of a number or person who I can speak to to have this waived?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unfair Early Termination Fee Charges

Message 2 of 2
(5,272 Views)

In addition to this, I read on the forums that someone named Techman28 who is a Verizon Employee said that it should be waived as well.  When I mentioned this to the CS rep, they said. "Online is not accurate either - even if it is on our own forums."

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.