Unhappy customer - my experience
Codyrd

First time home owner and existing Verizon wireless and home customer. In the process of moving to new house and I've had to paint, my pipes were replaced, electrical panel, and now I have to go back and fix the drywall through the house. All of this has been easier than dealing with transitioning my Verizon home services.

Understandably you're going through strikes, but my feedback is more around the mismanagement of the departments and services in light of the existing strike.

Here has been my experience over the last 2 weeks.
Order # {edited for privacy}

April 7 - spoke with sales to migrate me over to new house. Old services don't exist anymore so now I'm getting double play.. That's fine.
Monthly billing when all is done: $128.42
Installation date: 04/25

April 20th - received auto email from verizon indicating my services are changed. My monthly bill is now $156.26. Installation is now 04/30 due to strikes.

04/20 - called customer services trying to understand why the increase. No reason provided, reset services and removed my DVR to try and get lower monthly payment. New monthly: $119.52. Installation still set for 04/30 which is fine.

April 22nd: auto email from Verizon I dicating installation date is now 04/25. Okay.. NP I can take off work and make this happen. Called customer service and reconfirmed given my experience so far - I'm set for 04/25.

04/23 - voicemail from Verizon that installation date is cancelled. No date set for next and now I need to call in to reschedule.

April 24th - called to set new date and time, Verizon rep confirms that I'm set for 04/25!! Again I readjust to accommodate.

Today - April 25th. Tech is supposed to be out between 11 - 2. @ 12 I call to see what's up, I'm not optimistic about it given what has happened so far. Shocker, rep tells me that no tech today and that they'll mail me the materials for me to install and that it'll be there in 5 days. I'm feud up at this point, escalate to supervisor where I tried to explain all above. Persistent in telling me strikes are impacting installation, not listening to my overall experience. She manages to confirm with me that a tech will be out, 1 - 5.

So here I am waiting on the middle of my move to accommodate Verizon's schedule. Don't have high hopes they're. Coming today and if not, means 1 of my 15 annual holiday days has just gone to waste.

0 Likes
Re: Unhappy customer - my experience
Codyrd
5:20pm now and no sign of technician or reach out from Verizon with update. Unreal.
0 Likes
Codyrd

I just spent 1 hour 10 mins (including hold time) on the phone checking in on the technician.  Learned that it won't be until the 30th now and even then, can't confirm a time or provide me confirmation.

I wasted an entire day, 1 of the few holiday days I have, waiting for a technician because I was told by Verizon that someone would be out.  Not only told, I also have email confirmation for this entire experience I can provide.  I even went out of the way to confirm the night prior and the day of that someone is coming so maybe there would be a chance I could get some of my time back.  Only so much of this a person can take.

0 Likes
ndg2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also just spent an entire day waiting for a service tech.  They never came.  I had done the same thing - calling to confirm last night and this morning.  There is a strike that makes the service worse than normal, but I've had similar experiences during non-strike times.  Previously, they have texted confirmation of my request to reschedule when I did not make a request.  I can cite numerous other nightmares.  

When they do show, they have been replacing broken equipment with more old stuff.  I've had five routers and four ONTs. My video service is out for the third time in three years.  My video on demand only worked for six months out of four years.  I'm in Comcast country, so my options are limited.  Even Comcast is promising two hour service windows.  (I'm at the point where I'm almost willing to test that.)

Sorry, I have nothing to offer than let you know you are not the only person frustrated.  Good luck!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you gotten a new appointment, ndg?

0 Likes
GregJenna
Same sit right now. No landline - primary phone number. Set for the 30th, but now they claim it was installed on the 22...and that the next install date us an unacceptable May 14. Calling them again tomorrow in the hope this is a display error. Fighting tears of frustration. It is 2016. Internet is not a luxury.
0 Likes
ndg2
Enthusiast - Level 2

No new appointment yet.  I called but the rep said  the repair center was closed so I asked for a call in the morning.  I have heard nothing.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Call them back. Persist until you get one 🙂

0 Likes
ndg2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently the service department closed my ticket without even coming to my house or contacting me. My service is out for a week,and I've spent two days home from work waiting for a technician.  Now someone is trying to schedule again?  Verizon is hitting new lows in customer service.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ndg

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes