Update to STB created a brick and poor customer service
Armedic6351

To whom it may concern, 

I honestly have lost all faith in Verizon FIOS and will start pricing to replace your service first thing in the morning. This evening I spent 1.5 hours on the phone trying to get my set top box fixed. This was a total waste of my time when I could have been taking care of a cancer patient or myself for that matter, something I get very little time to do. Below you will see what my issue is and what I think of your customer support and how you feel about your "clients". 

Recently there was an update to the STB as was emailed out to me a few days ago. As soon as this update occured I noticed that the tv likes to reset itself and Im talking a crap ton. First it started off 1-2 times daily and now its 10-15 per hour if it doesnt just get stuck in the cycle of turning on and turning off. I decided to make the call to tech support who is utterly worthless. After spending 20 minutes trying to even get through your automated support I finally got a "person" on the phone who can do nothing more than read a screen. I explained what the issue was for her to go well I will mail you a new box out, it should be there within a week. I explained that is a no go as I actually like to use my tv and the service that I pay for, not it around for a week waiting for decent customer support. I was told that the stores dont carry the box I need and this was the only way. Every time I asked a question I would get the woman hissing through her teeth like she was better than anyone else. I asked to speak to a supervisor who about 15 minutes later came on the phone and said that the stores do carry boxes but it was not the new ones and I would be charged a $9.99 restocking fee. Literally I bust out in laughter at that because it was your update that caused this issue, not negligence on my part. She said that it didnt matter, that it is a nation wide fee and if I dont like it tough. I asked how is it that the stores dont carry the box I need seeing as I live in the mostly densly populated part of this country. She had no answer what so ever and recommended I speak to billing to see if they could reverse the fee. So yet again I sit on hold for another 10 minutes . This time it was we do have the boxes, there is a fee, no we will not remove the fee and its all the old equipment, not the new STB. I asked to speak to this womans supervisor to which she said no. I kindly told her I do not need to hear anything else from here and to put a supervisor on the phone. I get placed on hold for another 5 minutes for her to come back and tell me she is then bringing a supervisor on the phone and placed me on hold again. 30 seconds later she comes back and goes sorry no supervisor, it will be a 20-30 minute wait. Again I just burt out in laughter and asked how 30 seconds ago she was transferring me and now that person was magiically not available.  I asked that she find a supervisor to which she just hung up on me. Total time lost over an hour. I call back yet again to get similar **bleep** stories of how its not their issue for a restocking fee even though they caused the issue blah blah blah. This time I was offered a "free" mailing label and I could go rent another box and then mail back the old box. 

Frankly all of this is a joke and you people should be ashamed of yourselves . I have had better customer service speaking to people that dont even speak English. How is it you even begin to charge people a restocking fee for going to a store to replace your faulty equipment due to your own engineers messing it up. What exactly do I play over $100 a month for?!?!?! How is it you hire reps that can do nothing more than read a screen and supervisors that talk down to you? I have been with FIOS since it first came to my area and immediately signed up. I am now having some serious doubts as the customer service used to be 8/10 and is now -5/10. I frankly do not have the time or money to waste on a company that does not care about customers let alone do what is right to fix the issue that you started. Heck while typing this right now, the box reset its self over 10 times which would probably be a total of 75-100 resets today alone. Tomorrow morning when I wake up I will be calling cox cable as well as visiting Tmobile to transfer my plan. You surely do not care about your customer base and only want new customers so why not screw the longstanding subscriber over. How long do you think you will get away doing business like this. At this point Time Warner cable has a leg up on you when it comes to customer service. Yes their channel line ups suck but at least their equipment as well as Cox's works, its more than I can say for you. 

0 Likes
Re: Update to STB created a brick and poor customer service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Update to STB created a brick and poor customer service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Armedic6351,
Since we have not heard back from you, we are going to go ahead and close out the support case.  If you have any further questions feel free to post on your original thread.
Thank you,
-Amanda_M

0 Likes