Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Upgrade my Current Package

jcl6543
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Upgrade my Current Package

Message 1 of 3
(1,161 Views)

I currently have the Extreme TV Package and also the 75/75 mbps for internet.

I wanted to upgrade tonight to the 100/100 mbps because Verizon would include the Gateway router for free.  I also wanted to upgrade from Extreme to the Ultimate TV package.

When everything was in my cart, I see the my monthly bill is estimated at $228.51.  I chatted with 3 different reps to see if I could get that bill down to under $200.00.  I heard from a couple people who called Verizon and said the got a "deal" when they haggled with them for a better price.  I had no such luck.

I'm just venting.  $228.51 is too much money for a monthly bill.  You would think they would work with me to get at least some increase in revenue rather than nothing at all.  

A $50.00 increase from Extreme to Ultimate is just hideous.  How much TV can I possible watch in a month to warrant a $50.00 increase?  

How do I get a better deal from Verizon?  Should I just call Time Warner and as them if they have a btter deal?  

2 REPLIES 2
jcl6543
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Upgrade my Current Package

Message 2 of 3
(1,139 Views)

Not that anyone gives a hoot...TWC will give me the exact same plan as I want with my Verizon account for $198.72 per month.  

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Upgrade my Current Package

Message 3 of 3
(1,108 Views)

Couple of comments:

1) increasing TV package does have a cost to Verizon. They have to pay content providers for every subscriber.

2) internet speed upgrades allows you to download more at a time which uses up more of their backbone.

That being said, call and say you want to cancel. Ask for retention that may offer you a better deal.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.