Upgraded from copper telephone line to fiber - need battery reserve
OrangeJLo201

Hello - I recently upgraded my home telephone line from copper to fiber, after receiving a letter from Verizon that all lines must be transitioned to fiber no later than November 18th.   On 9/27 When I scheduled the appointment, I was told that Verizon would send me the power reserve (12 D batteries) and it should arrive before the appointment.

It did not arrive before the 1st appointment (10/4) or the 2nd appointment (10/8) (which was necessary because the first tech didn't know what to do).  Both techs assured me that the power reserve would be received shortly.

Never received, so 'chatted' with Verizon on 10/10 and they agreed to send one out to me and supplied UPS tracking.  Received two days later, but it was the black and yellow FIOS Voice Backup battery which is not correct for my system.

"Chatted" again on 10/12 and they agreed it was incorrect and they would send me the power reserve and the labels to return the battery, and UPS tracking would follow.  I never received the tracking, so I 'chatted' this morning.  They had no record of the second order and insisted that a technician needed to come out to repair the issue.

I called the telephone number associated with the fiber upgrade and explained the situation.  They agreed that I should receive the power reserve but their 'system' would not allow them to send a reserve out, so I could order one online and they would credit my account for the cost.

I tried to order online; however because I only have telephone service through Verizon and do not have TV/Internet service, I am not allowed to place an order online.   I called the 800-VERIZON number on the error message and they said they would 'try' a work around and to try the online chat and asked me if I was interested in internet/TV service.   Online chat told me to call the number and speak with the technical support team.  I've been on hold for 50 minutes with no response.

Is there an alternative power reserve I can get so I am not without phone in case of a power outage.  That's all I would like.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded from copper telephone line to fiber - need battery reserve
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi OrangeJLo20,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes