Upgrading to Quantum TV, a little annoyed with the process
renpar61

I am a happy FIOS customer.

A few weeks ago I receive an email with a new promotion for the UltimateHD package.

Decide to take the offer and placed the order online while chatting with a CS representative to clarify some technical details.

The offer is subject to QuantumTV upgrade so Verizon is set to replace my 3 boxes with the 3 QuantumTV ones. I was told that this is a self installation, no tech visit required, the new boxes will be sent within a day or two and as soon as I swap with the old ones I'm good to go.

Order is placed on Nov.22nd. The same day I receive the confirmation email with order number. 

After a couple of days I go on the website with the link provided on the confirmation to check the status: the only detail provided is that the "installation" is scheduled for Dec.10 (ouch).

I started a new chat with CS to make sure there is no tech installation scheduled (it comes with an additional cost if you require it), and also to ask why the installation dare was set so late.

They confirmed it's a self install, the new boxes will be shipped the next day and, after offering to change to an earler installation date, they simply told me there is nothing they can do, the Dec.10 date is just a date set by the system far enough to allow time for reception ad installlation.

In the past 2 weeks, not seeing any change in the online order status, or email confirming that the new boxes have shipped, I have inquired several times (3 to 4 days intervals) via chat and phone about the shipping of the new boxes, and every time I was told the exact same thing: they are shipping out in the next couple of days. 

I also let them know that I am going out of town for a few weeks and I didn't want this to become a problem. They assured me that everything will be in place before my departure.

Now, 2 days before the "scheduled installation", boxes have not yet shipped, nor I am able to get an update.

I would really like to know what's going on with my order. It sounded such a simple thing...

Has anyone taken this offer and want to share their experience?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading to Quantum TV, a little annoyed with the process
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi renpar61,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading to Quantum TV, a little annoyed with the process
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The date is the outside of when they expect you to have installed.

When I updated several months ago it was two business days for me to get the equipment.  Was over a weekand so I got equipment on a Tuesday.

Obviously not everyone gets everything upgraded smoothly.

0 Likes