Utility Pole Problem
Walkingbird
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

A little over three years ago Verizon crews came down my street and installed new Verizon branded utility poles adjacent to the existing ones. A short while later they came through and removed the old poles, with the exception of the one in front of my house. The result has been three years of having two poles at the end of my driveway, an unused anchor sticking out of the ground, and several wires dangling from the pole. I called in a repair ticket earlier this year regarding the matter, but the individual who came out was able to clean up some of the wires (not the cox branded ones) but not able to do anything about the pole or anchor and so they remain. This has been merely annoying until just recently as we had a neighbor kid trip over the unused anchor and hurt himself. As a result I've been peer pressured into the task to have Verizon come resolve the issue before anyone else gets hurt. Who is the appropriate party to I report the matter to (bearing in mind that contacting the repair line has not been able to resolve the issue)?

Detail wise, the old pole is marked "WG14 C&P VA 296K" and the new pole that has nothing attached to it is marked "Verizon 296K"

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Utility Pole Problem
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

Walkingbird
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's a photo of the way the pole and anchor looked back in Sept of 2014. Still looks the same today.image

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.