Utility pole blocking my driveway need moved

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Utility pole blocking my driveway need moved

Message 1 of 3
(359 Views)

The utility pole is blocking my driveway need it moved just 18" to be able to used the second half of my driveway. How do i get it moved? 

This is the green pedestal in my drivewayThis is the green pedestal in my driveway

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Utility pole blocking my driveway need moved

Message 2 of 3
(336 Views)

Not very likely.

Utilities typically have a right of way to install their equipment.

If they would move it, you would probably have to pay all of the expenses.
Which could be quite expensive as they would have to disconnect and reconnect all of the connections. Which may not be easy as some of the wiring might not reach the new location.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Utility pole blocking my driveway need moved

Message 3 of 3
(307 Views)

Verizon does not have a right to obstruct your property. They have easement rights but not at your peril or property obstruction.

contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission or other such name in your state. They can get it moved.

verizon in NY charges a bogus NYS Municipal Construction Surcharge on each customers billing invoice JUST FOR THIS MOVEMENT it costs you nothing for them to move that connection pole.

and if worse comes to worse have a local engineering company remove it and then verizon will be out pronto to do as you request.

what a world we live in when no one wants to do the right thing.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.