Utility pole connect to dead tree in my yard
SRibs

Hello,

Trying to find the right people in Verizon regard a utility pole connected to a tree in my front yard. The tree has died, and we had to get it removed, whereupon the tree service found an old cable connecting the tree to the utility pole. They said they could not cut the cable, or cut the tree trunk below the cable, but would have to coordinate with the utility companies so I can get the rest of the dead tree removed.

First, I contacted the power company Eversource, who looked at the cable and confirmed that it was Verizon's responsibility given the location of the pole and the cable.

I then contacted Verizon, who sent out someone to examine it (person #1) and confirmed it was Verizon's responsibility, but called a higher up in his department (person #2). That person came, and also confirmed it was Verizon's responsibility, but said it would have to be referred to the Verizon Construction department (person #3?). At that point they left, and no one has been back, Verizon has not contacted me, and I have no way to know who I should reach out to get the process resolved (without calling Verizon again and bringing back person #1 to repeat the process).

Is there a contact number for Verizon for a department that works with the utility poles? I'm in Lexington MA.

0 Likes
Re: Utility pole connect to dead tree in my yard
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SRibs,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes