VASIP ???
JKennedy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just noticed while reviewing my bill that there are comments on my account, including, that VASIP has been added to my account but may not show up in billing for 60 days.

SImple question, what the heck is VASIP?  A search simply comes up with a suggestion of VAS IP and still nothing explaining what it is.

If it matters, we just renewed and upgraded about a month prior to this.

Anyone have any idea????

0 Likes
Re: VASIP ???
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

VASIP is an umbrella term for any of Verizon's "Value Added Services" such as the Internet Security Suite, Backup and Sharing, etc.

0 Likes
dezaver

Is this something that will be added automatically for everyone?  Do we have a option?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dezaver wrote:

Is this something that will be added automatically for everyone?  Do we have a option?

No, it should not be added to your account unless you sign up for one of the VASIP/Broadband Essentials and Extras (BBE&E) services that Verizon offers.

0 Likes
shelly320

Will there be an added charge?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@shelly320 wrote:

Most (if not all) of the VASIP/BBE&E services are paid services. The amount would depend on what service(s) you purchased. You should be able to look at these services on the Account Tools page for the primary account.

0 Likes
JKennedy
Enthusiast - Level 3

@somegirl wrote:

@shelly320 wrote:

Most (if not all) of the VASIP/BBE&E services are paid services. The amount would depend on what service(s) you purchased. You should be able to look at these services on the Account Tools page for the primary account.

That sound well and good, unless you haven't purchased any additional services and if by Account Tools page, you're refering to the continualy nutured navigation unfriendly and redundant Account page, we can only guess where something like that may be hiding.  Smiley Very Happy   Account Overview for example, shows nothing but the primary services.

So far I haven't seen anything additional on my bill, but I've only just gotten my 2nd one since upgrading.

0 Likes
rgarneau

hmm - I'm guessing that the VASIP is the additional new charge that they are tacking on  to your bill for having a dvr built in to your set-top box.

0 Likes