VISS? Should I get it?
MutatedGamer

So, I used Verizon for awhile, and I love the internet speeds. Now, recently, I got hacked. Nothing more than a mere DDoS, and only to threaten me, but I still got hacked. So, this made me worried. He got my IP thru steam via voice chat (That I didn't accept btw, I'm not that dumb). So, I was looking for some Internet Security's. I came accross VISS, and it had something called stealth mode. Now, if I was to get that, and this guy tried to get my IP thru steam voice chat again, would he not get it?

Now, besides that fact, is VISS any good? I mean, 6 dollars a month doesn't seem too bad (It DOES go on my bill for the month, right? :)). My friend with Mcafee says it's amazing. So, I'm asking YOU, yes YOU, to decide what IS I should get. I've narrowed it down to Norton IS 2010, Mcafee IS 2010, or VISS. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: VISS? Should I get it?
prisaz
Legend

Avast Virus protection

MalewareBytes and/or Spybot - Search and Destroy

Windows 7 Firewall Control. Works with Vista and Windows 7. Does a fine job of locking down the PC by controlling the Microsoft built in firewall.

All of them have a free version that works well. I have been running them for years. You can purchase their suites, but I would opt for the individual free home use version of each product. They have never let me down. Don't like Norton! McAfee just dossn't cut it for me. I will not comment in VISS. Sorry I don't have anything nice to say. Buy something and pay for annual subscription. Naw not me. Avast you must update your registration to show you still use the product, and updates are free. Sort of how McAfee was at launch.