VZ Anti-support Technology: Is there ANY way to contact VZ support online?
funupterzoid

Is it just me or are all of the online means of connecting to VZ broken? The "Ask Verizon" box is totally non-functional, it takes you to a dead window that says there's been an error with a "Back" button and does nothing.

Then the "contact us" links, including the ones prominently displayed here in the forums take you (after a few clicks) to what should be this page http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Support/ContactUs/ but which just gives a "Request Timeout" error below...

It's like an online version of those horrible phone support systems where you keep choosing menu choices and getting transferred but they just send you around in circles and eventually hang up on you after 20 minutes... 

I've tried different browsers and otherwise my FiOS connection is up and rocking with no probs... but anything related to a VZ support page = FAIL. 

Request TimeoutThe server timed out while waiting for the browser's request.

Reference #2.ba1d39ce.1240168242.0 

0 Likes
Re: VZ Anti-support Technology: Is there ANY way to contact VZ support online?
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1

What's the actual problem you need to contact VZ about ? You can always call customer support at 1-888-553-1555

0 Likes
funupterzoid

Sure. I posted the actual issue in a different thread because it's really 2 different things - 1. my issue, 2. the fact that all the offered online contact methods are broken.  The issue I want support with is about newsgroups and is different, not what I'm talking about here.

I'm always stunned that huge companies can invest in these elaborate websites which then don't work but nobody seems to consider this a big issue. Do they know how terrible it looks to have things like the front page "Ask Verizon?!" be a complete clusterfuzz waste of time that does nothing? Amazing. 

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1
It's working for me.   What type of internet connection do you have?  Is it dial-up or high speed or satellite?
0 Likes