VZ Direct Sales
sandy22

How do I find out if VZ has a direct sales promotion using a Quebec center?   We have had 5 calls from 514 461-0180 in the past week that were hang ups after we answered the call.   This morning a guy finally answered and said he was calling for VZ.   He wanted to know what services I had from VZ.   I asked him if he was from VZ why didn't he know.  He got angry.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said they didn't have supervisors.  He said he wasn't selling anything put something about FIOS and a free laptop.

I told him about the hang up calls and that I was just about ready to call the police.   He refused to give me any additional information or to speak to the supervisor.    Can this really be VZ's sales attempt?

0 Likes
Re: VZ Direct Sales
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sandy22

The number you posted, is a Call-Net Communications landline. They at one time were the same as Sprint Communications until Rogers Communication bought them out.  But it is definitely not a Verizon hosted number.

It sounds very much as if it was a tele-marketing call that had nothing to do with your Verizon service.  If you are not already on the Canadian "do not call" list, you can join by visiting the CRTC site here.  This will eliminate nuisance calls, but will still allow you to receive calls from companies with which you do business.

Regards,

ElizabethS

0 Likes