VZ reported me to credit agency
oldcust12

Hoping someone can help me here as I am done interacting with customer service on the phone. I found out last week that Verizon had reported me for late payment of a bill late last year. This related to an account that was closed in July 2012 and had an outstanding amount on it.

The initial version of the last bill sent to me in June / July was a combined bill for 3-4 months and it was impossible to figure out some of the charges on there. There were some incorrect activation charges on it which I asked them to take off which took 2 new bill versions to get done. On multiple occaisions in July, Aug and Sept, I requested them to send a bill that had a monthly breakdown of the charges which I never got. On one occaision, I also got told that, I didnt owe them any money which I knew was wrong!

Finally, I had one customer rep put a note in my account stating that the bill was in dispute and should not be sent to collections which she said she did. However, in November I get contacted by a collections agency saying that the account was sent to them. At that point, I just paid whatever they asked for and again asked them for a final bill which never came. I then found out last week during renewing my car insurance that they had put a negative mark in my credit report even after they said they wouldnt.

I called up last week and the rep said she would call me this week but she didnt. I called today and finally the rep basically agreed that they had been sending the bills to the wrong address all this time. But she refused to acknowledge this and remove the credit report mark and also refused to forward me on to someone who I could talk this over with.

I am hoping I can get some help here as I have never missed any payments wilfully and this is really affecting my credit history.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: VZ reported me to credit agency
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

oldcust12,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
Re: VZ reported me to credit agency
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

oldcust12,

We're glad that this issue has now been resolved for you. If you ever need any additional assistance, make a new post here in the forums.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes