Verizon Bait & Switch
maxsdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

In Fall of 2017, I switched over to Fios because they were offering a $250 Gift Card. I am a 20+ year customer of Verizon Wireless as well. After 90 days came and went, and I didn't receive my card, I called to see what's up.  It took two weeks of being sent and transferred to every department under the sun to finally get an answer.  This does't include the chats i started online with customer service as well. And the "disconnected calls" and the "someone will get back to you" were also experienced by me.  I finally get connected to a "supervisor" and he tells me that I'm not going to get the gift card.  When they sent me the email confirming my order and installation date, there is a section at the bottom in small print that mentioned rewards.  Since that reward section didn't indicate that there was a gift card, and i accepted the email, then they do not have to honor that promotion.  And when I told him that i was not happy about that and what could they do to make it right, the only thing he could offer me was a $5 discount for the month. 

When I asked him to give me the mailing address so that I could send a letter of complaint, he only directed me to the website and the contact us section.  Told me to send an email. I hope to send an email when i find the correct email address.  This seems like textbook Bait n Switch to me.  I thought that because I had a great and long time relationship on the Wireless side, that I would be ok. I was wrong and I will be doing something about that.  Fool me once...

But if anyone on here has good customer service contacts (emails, phones to real supervisors, or mailing addresses) please respond.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Bait & Switch
jonjones1
Legend

Here you go, complain away 😀

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

This will ill result in getting a call back from executive escalations. They more than likely will not make good on something that was not given to you in writing. And you admit you did not read the email prior to agreeing to it.

0 Likes
maxsdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

But no where in that email does it say that they will not honor the gift card.

And yes, I will admit that any email telling me when the installer is coming, will not be treated as a contract by me. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Quote:

When they sent me the email confirming my order and installation date, there is a section at the bottom in small print that mentioned rewards.  Since that reward section didn't indicate that there was a gift card, and i accepted the email, then they do not have to honor that promotion. End Quote

by your own posting it was clear they did not write in your confirmation email of acceptance any $250 Card was part of your service. Many times folks will lie and embellish a sales call to get you to sign up. This is what happened to you. It’s not right, but it happens to people all the time.

as a worst possible solution you could simply change providers. Many will pay early termination fees for leaving the service. Verizon Fios also does this to grab customers.

My best wishes to you. I hope it all works out.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.