Verizon CMR Claim Department
Shawn_C

Received a bill from Verizon CMR claimed department for $316.97. CMR representative insist on claiming that it cusotmer fault if cable got hit even when cable is was located and clearly stated on 811 ticket that it is not in conflict and not marked (While other cables are on near by route). 811 Ticket clearly state 'Entire Area' to be marked. Cable less than 2" below the grade is somehow also our responsiblity to 'know' when Verizon contractor who is doing the work (half a decade ago) is responsible for burying the cable according to the code of at least 18".

We did submit 811 ticket and all utilities marked and ticket cleared. When we had a guy move a small bush to have the area ready for other work, Verizon cable that is less than couple inches deep got damaged. Went back to check the 811 ticket how that can happen - Verizon was not marked and stating 'no conflict'. Ticket number shared with CMR representative (Mxxxx) but lead to disagreement where Mxxxx insisted that we should have checked(?) as we do have verizon service and cable and therefore, notify Miss Utiltiy. We followed the law and and did we should do.

RESOLUTION SOUGHT:

Remove the bill entirely and compensate us for the time we  have spent and are spending to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon CMR Claim Department
jonjones1
Legend

You have to call the CMR department to get a resolution. No one here can assist you. We are customers helping customers.

now if you contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search they can probably give you better answers or resolution. 

Or you could contact the state attorney generals office and see what they say.

Good Luck 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Shawn_C,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
Shawn_C

Thank you for your feedback.

0 Likes
Shawn_C

Thank you for your prompt feedback.

0 Likes
Vasya1

Received a bill from Verizon CMR claimed department for $450. I remember the day when contractor fixed it. He say I won’t be charged because it’s not my fault. Also he added that cable could ruined due to the storm that we had. I don’t even know how it can be cut off if it’s 2 feet underground. So now I don’t know whatto do!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried contacting them to explain what happened?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Vasya,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon's cost to repair damage done to the Company's facilities. This includes but is not limited to:

• Buried and Aerial lines
  • Poles
  • Conduit and vehicles

CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes