Verizon Customer Service is Terrible
IthacaMatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to cancel a pay service and had to endure a phone representative trying to upsell me on various services for about 20 minutes.  I told her politely that I wasn't interested several times.  She got rude and told me that Verizon required her to try to sell me these additional services and that I had to listen to her sales pitch.  I hung up the phone, so she refused to put through my cancellation, and I got billed another $25 for another month of TV Japan, which I never ordered in the first place.

Today, 3 weeks later, I saw the charge had not been removed from my bill.  I spent an hour on the phone with 3 different supervisors.  They told me that you HAVE to listen to their sales pitches until they're done, or else they won't process your disconnect order.  They wouldn't give me the name of the  phone rep who was rude to me, so I could complain.  They refused to listen to the recording of the conversation, and they still refuse to give me credit.

Their customer service is THE WORST.  Even worse than Time Warner.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Customer Service is Terrible
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the problems with the charges and the rudeness of the agent. We have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
RyanGT04
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not agree with you more. I was told an auto payment, that I had already canceled, would not be taken from my account. The next day the payment was taken out and caused my bank account to overdraft. I was then called a liar by a Verzon call center supervisor after explaining the situation and requesting that the funds be returned to my account.

KMG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to be a regular routine at Verizon. They call you liars when they lie and then threaten you. I am sure my post will be removed as it was done earlier. Why have a forum if you dont allow you customers - past and present to present their issues, view and grieviences.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Post that need special attention do not get removed. They are moved onto an escalation board so they can be monitored and worked on. If you click on your forums name, you will see all your posts and the current board they are on.

0 Likes