Verizon Customer Service?
Dmad1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Customer Service?

A Verizon Supervisor just told me on 1/08/2011 and I quote: “ You can't expect first class service if your only paying for coach.” and So

I'm writing this to express my dissatisfaction with Verizon home phone and internet service, as my only recourse since I live in an area where they are the only option for this type service. My hopes are that if enough people know the kind of service that is being provided or not provided as the case my be, and of the attitude of the supervisor that I had the misfortune of contacting, That Maybe, just maybe there will be some sort of change and We can get some kind of service? Even in coach.

First I like to let everyone know that this is not a one-time problem our service has been out 5 times in the matter of a year and a half and each time we have call for service it has been handled pretty much the same way. We pay for Life line phone service and DSL high speed internet when it is working I have no complaints the problem is when you need a trouble call, our Life line phone service was out for 10 days before a local repair tech was even contacted, he was just here and fixed the problem at the box down the street in less than 10 min he also let us know that he had been available thee entire week and was not busy he just wasn't informed that there was a problem. We called the problem with the phone in on New Years day and didn't expect anyone out then, but was told that some would be out on the 4th between 8am and 11am, well that did not happen and we waited all day before calling again. That night I call the toll free number again and was inform that they had no record of a trouble call even being placed, but that they would set it up now and that a repair person would be out on the 7th again between 8am and 11am at 1:30pm I called again, this time I was told rudely that the problem did not need a technician and would be repaired by 7pm that night. At 6:55pm I called with a friends cell phone and talked with a supervisor who apologized and assured me that someone would be at our house in the morning, guess when? Yep between 8am and 11am she also told me that she personally would follow up on the problem. Next day 8 to 11 came and went and no phone service at 1pm I called again and asked to speak with a supervisor I was placed on hold for close to an hour and when the supervisor did pickup I explained the problem and also inform him that along with being a life line it is also the contact number for my home business and he told me that it didn't mean anything and that if I had a better phone plan my service would have been repaired by now, and You can't expect first class service if your only paying for coach.” but would try to get someone out before 7pm or the next morning (Sunday) did not believe it but after that I did not call anymore the service was fixed at 2pm on Monday the 10th. I guess I should just be happy it was fixed, but I wanted people to know how Verizon Customer Service treats it's customers.

Thank you,

D mad in Lottsville, Pa.

Re: Verizon Customer Service?
Tom_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dmad,

I would like to apologize for the technical issues and level of customer service you just experienced.  We at Verizon should always provide best in class customer service regardless of your service type and again apologize this was not received at the time you needed it the most. If there is anything I can do in the future please don’t hesitate to send me a PM at Tom_VZ.

Thank you for your continued valued business with us at Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service?
LKubela

Dear ANYBODY at VERIZON who ACTUALLY Cares!

I also agree that the customer service or I should extreme lack there of is your main problem. I just got off the phone with a Melissa {edited for privacy}who is a Sales Associate in Virginia. Her title is consultant. I have had so many problems with Verizon since I moved into my new home last July that I can't even count anymore the amount of times I have had to call and argue with them. They are never willing to just fix anything or help the consumer. It's always our fault or we need to call this department that's not there problem, it's a different department etc. I am so sick of this. I had my service go out probably close to a year ago and they had to come out and replace the line. I was told a temporary line was being installed and a week later they would be back to bury the line. Well they NEVER came back. I have called several times and nothing gets done. Plus I have had SOOOO many problems with my bill its like a child is handling it.  When I  moved I was suppose to have service transferred. It wasn't. The guy who had no clue what he was doing that worked for Verizon didn't transfer me he set up and brand new account all together. I even questioned him a few times about why he needed my social security number etc and told him I wasn't getting a new account that I was just transferring service. He said that he understands but that this is part of that transfer. I didn't understand that but then I don't work at Verizon(probably have more brain cells than are required for them) so I let it go. I later find out that I have two accounts open. So I owe this outrageous amount of money. I call back and get the run around. Eventually after several hours on the phone and several weeks of back and forth and research and after I called them again! I get it figured out, OR SO I THOUGHT!  So my new bill arrives and there is a huge like $350 early termination fee. Are you kidding me??? Hello I just went over this a billion times I didn't cancel your stupid service I transferred it and because the wonderful associate working for them couldn't successfully do his job, well I was suffering for it. So then I had to call to get that HUGE fee removed that I should have never been charged. WEll this took SEVERAL MONTHS to get worked out. Finally after spending countless hours on the phone and hold and being transferred and going back and forth a Supervisor agrees to take care of this and apologizes etc. Well my account apparently was placed on hold. So a few months goes by and I get no bill. I figure OK it's probably because I have a huge credit now so I don't have a bill. Well I called anyways. I was told my account is in a hold or suspended status in their system in review and that a c credit should be issued soon but it can take up to something crazy like 8-10 weeks to get resolved. I explain that I am worried because if there is a bill after all this time I don't want to one day get a huge bill in the mail. The said that I actually had a credit and that adjustments were being made to my account so there was no need to worry. Well about a month or 2 after that BAM a huge almost $500 bill shows up. SO have to call back fight with them some more and tell them what happened but at the end of the day I am still responsible for the bill as I have had the service the tell me so I still need to pay for it even though I tried dto do that ALL ALONG! So I have to come up with almost $500 plus the new months bill is getting ready to go out. Well I didn't have that kind of money right then. So I had to take my time and pay it over several months plus the new bills that were coming in on top of that each month as well. So NOTHING and I mean NOTHING but problems. Then my service gets shut off after I already called and talk to them and made and online payment. So of course it's after hours and I can't get a hold of anyone to actually talk to. Well I say screw and just make a payment to get it restored. WEll that also doesn't go smooth. Why would it right? So I spend about 2 hours trying to make a payment and restore service. I mean they shut my phone off so I can't call anyone except the number to restore service except that number does me no good because nobody is there because the office is closed. SO I try to pay online. Should be easy right? Nope go through a bunch of crap to do that and finally submit payment and get a message that my payment is unable to be applied to my account please call customer service to proceed. Well customer service is CLOSED! At this point I just can't even take it I am about to SCREAM! SOOO I finally just get back on the phone pay through the automated system where I have to receive an additional fee for paying but at this point I am so frustrated I don't care anymore(sad huh) THe next day I find out they processed my payment twice! Of course they did! Then getting the money returned and the extra fee I had to pay for paying it a second time when there system told me it wasn't paid but then they took my money anyway well that couldn't be refunded because that wasn't their fee. That's a 3rd party fee! OF COURSE IT IS!  So NOTHING but problems. SO I am trying to play catch up as usual. It's also Christmas time and I try to go on today to pay my bill. I notice my new bill just billed a week ago is almost $190. Are you kidding me? So I find a $30 fee. I call and the fee is for them shutting my service off. $30 for you to click a button and turn in back on?? Talk about being robbed! So I talk to this Melissa {edited for privacy}and try to explain my frustration etc and ask to get the fee removed. Well she takes it upon her self to not remove it. It's her judgment call and because I have a balance at the time she won't do it. She can remove it but she WONT remove it because I have a balance! GIVE ME A BREAK! All that they have done to me and put me through and they can't remove it because I have a balance?  Yea I am so over Verizon and switching services ASAP NOW! THANK YOU MELISSA {edited for privacy}FOR SUCH WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE TODAY! WAY TO MAKE YOUR CONSUMERS HAPPY AND KEEP LOYAL CUSTOMERS COMING BACK! A+ on driving them away!

Simply put. Verizon is just out to get your money. THey don't care about thier customers and when they screw up we have to just suck it up and deal with it. We make a mistake and again we have to deal with it. I have never had my service turned off. The one time I do they can't remove the HUGE $30 restore fee! The service is restored electronically and you have to wait 4+ hours and they still charge you $30! Seriously give your customers some respect even a little would be nice! After all I been through I don't think them reversing that huge $30 fee would of killed them.

0 Likes