Verizon FIOS billing disaster!!
ab2512

I am writing this after getting extremely frustrated dealing with Verizon customer service over several months. There have been times where the 'Billing' and 'Financial Services' have transferred me back and forth to each other as many as 8 times while I am on the same call, as they both claim the other team is the right one to help me out. The few times where customer service agents understood the issue, they acknowledged that there is a billing error on the Verizon side, told me they will look into it and that they will get back to me at a given day/time. Needless to say, I never heard back from any of them. 

Summary of the issue: 

Verizon FIOS is billing me twice for the same month of service!

1. $125.27 for July 6, 2014 to August 6, 2014
  2. $100.75 for July 6, 2014 to July 31, 2014

The reason for the 2nd charge (from Aug 6 - July 31, 2014) is because July 31, 2014 is the date I cancelled my services.

Verizon now claims I owe them $226.02 (i.e. $125.27 + $100.75). While I have disputed this several times with Customer Service, and some agents promised to resolve this for me, I have never heard back. Each time I call back, I have to start from scratch with a new agent. This is extemely time consuming, and very frustrating.

While I have waited for agents to get back to me with a resolution, Verizon closed my account and passed it to collections, after reporting it as derogatory to the credit agencies. My credit scores have been hit by 90 points!!!

I am extremely frustrated with the lack of response from customer service and their inability to help me out. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can do? Anyway to escalate this to a regional head??

My account was FIOS TV and Internet in NJ.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS billing disaster!!
ab2512

Details of the issue:

1. Verizon billed me $125.27 for the billing cycle of July 6 to August 6, 2014. 

2. Payment of $125.27 was made on July 21, 2014 using my American Express card

3. The payment was not applied to my account. Also, since I terminated my services a few days earlier (on July 31, for a billing cycle which extended to August 6) in the last billing cycle, Verizon adjusted the final bill from $125.27 to $100.75 to reflect credit for services not used from July 31,2014 to August 6, 2014.

4. In September 2014, I received a bill for this new amount of $100.75 from Verizon FIOS for the time period of July 6, 2014 to July 31, 2014 – This is a duplicate charge for the month of July 2014. 

5. After receiving this bill, I called Verizon customer service, and they told me that they cannot locate the earlier payment to my account, and hence this new bill was generated. I was told that I can dispute my July payment with American Express since it was never applied to my account, and pay the final adjusted bill of $100.75 instead to settle the account.

6. On September 17, 2014, I called up American Express and disputed my July 21, 2014 payment of $125.27 to Verizon FIOS.

7. Once this was done, Verizon sent me another bill in October 2014, claiming that I now owe them a total of $125.27 + $100.75 = $226.02.

8. This amount of $226.02 is incorrect as it means charging me twice for the same month of service in July 2014.

9. During this entire process, I have spoken to several Verizon customer service associates who assured me that they were looking to correct this error on the Verizon side, but none of these customer service associates ever got back to me with a solution – often after promising to call back at a certain day and time.

10. As early as September, 2014, a payment investigation was also launched to look into this error, along with details of the issue, but it was closed without any resolution.

11. While I was waiting to hear back from Verizon customer service associates regarding a resolution to this issue, Verizon FIOS closed my account and reported it as derogatory to credit agencies, thereby leading to a drop in my credit scores by about 90 points!!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ab2512

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you ever get help?

Does anyone actually help on here or should I cancel my Verizon?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sellingitall wrote:

Did you ever get help?

Does anyone actually help on here or should I cancel my Verizon?

Remember these forums are meant to be peer to peer.

However the admins are trying to get the OP (original poster) problem switched over to a place where it can be handled.  They also appear to have tried to do the same for thread you started.

0 Likes
ab2512

An update on my issue:

Along with posting a message here, I had also sent an email to {edited for privacy}(Verizon executive). Someone from customer service contacted me the next day, referring to that email and assuring me that the issue will be looked into.

After a few discussions, last Friday, (1/30), she told me that after launching a payment investigation, it had been determined that the issue was on the Verizon side, and the correct balance on my account should be $100.75. I was told this will be corrected and I will get a call back from her today, 6pm so I can pay off the balance and we can begin the process of getting the damage to my credit history repaired.

I waited for over 40 minutes for the call, and even emailed her asking if she is available by replying to an earlier email she had sent me. I have not received any response, and when I log into my account, I still see the incorrect balance. I hope I hear from her tomorrow.

I will post an update in a day or two, with my experiences. For now, my experience with Verizon's customer service continues to be very inconsistent.

0 Likes