Verizon FIOS retaliation - Switched service plans without permission, turned off my phone
Rick301
Enthusiast - Level 1

My service was changed without my consent. Verizon refuses to put it back, and now has disconnected my phone service and can't find what's wrong. Who can I contact in Verizon's executive management to resolve this problem? 

== Background and Warning ==

Please beware if you downgrade your service. I no longer wanted the triple play and was promised a number of wonderful features if I would keep Verizon with a double play (phone+internet). I called to check on the order  before the installation date and found that many  of the salesperson's representations were not true. I asked to speak to a supervisor and had the installation date put off, and had the date put off again when the supervisor didn't call. Verizon switched my service anyway, losing one of my phone numbers in the process. 

And - I was switched to their new "Digital Voice" service, which has quality so poor that the Verizon reps had trouble understanding me, and it dropped another call without warning.  Note - Verizon does not offer the new digital voice product to their business users. Note - the Digital Voice product is not regulated by your state's Public Service Commission, so you have little recourse if their service is unsatisfactory or endangers your safety (911 calls). 

Over the past week I spoke with various "supervisors" who initially claimed that Verizon refuses to restore the old service, and refuses to re-enable identaring. After many complaints, on 8/6 I was told my service would be switched back to the old system and configuration within 48 hours. 

After 48 hours I called back (yesterday  8/8/13) and I was told by yet another manager that Verizon refuses to enable Identaring, but he could get me back on my old service.

Today, I have no telephone service. My line is dead. I called Verizon on my cell, and the "supervisor" Ms. Bennet was the most unhelpful person I've spoken to. She told me that the records showed that everyone had told me I couldn't get my service back, and that I have to go forward from here to get my phone turned back on. She was very cold, almost nasty. I insisted on speaking with her manager, and waited for over 20 minutes. Finally, after more than an hour on the phone, I had a work commitment and had to leave. She promised to have someone call me. Two hour later - nothing. And I feel certain that  the comments in Verizon's system don't reflect the nature of the call. 

A similar situation happened to a friend last week - he downgraded his FIOS package and Verizon retaliated against him by disabling a service.

If you have this problem please complain to the FCC and the your state's commission. Maryland is great - they processed the complaint and supplied a serial number within an hour.  

Re: Verizon FIOS retaliation - Switched service plans without permission, turned off my phone
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS retaliation - Switched service plans without permission, turned off my phone
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Rick301,

We've had to close your private support case thread due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please create a public posting in this thread and we'll reopen your case and continue where we left off.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes