Verizon Internet Security Suite Problem
Lucas
On my computer I had the original yahoo virus protection. When I was told to switch to Verizon Internet Security Suite I followed the instructions and installed the original one and downloaded Verizon Internet Security Suite. When the download was completed the next morning I tried to surf the web but the page could not be displayed. Under Network and Sharing center it said unidentified network. I called Verizon and they had no clue with the problem I even tried to install Verizon Internet Security Suite but it kept coming up with and error. If anyone has had this issue or know what it is or how to fix it I'm open to all ears.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Internet Security Suite Problem
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you try uninstalling that program, before installing/reinstalling it?
0 Likes
Lucas
When I try to uninstall the program it comes up with an error. The error code is (-5005: 0x 80070002) but I don't know if that helps anything. So I am unable to uninstall the program. Do you think its worth just getting the computer wiped to get rid of anything that keeps internet from reaching the computer? I don't think its a hardware problem because both wireless and wired both went out at the same time. Thats what made me think of this program as the problem.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am not sure, how much that helps me.

Or how much this URL, helps you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/other-hardware-support/317328-can-t-uninstall-adobe-cs-error-0x80070002.html

How about trying what they suggest? Any questions, as how to get to safe mode OR how to log-in as the admin on XP/Vista please ask - and someone will help you.

#1 For your info, I found that with a Google.com - Search for

"-5005: 0x80070002 uninstall"

#2 And adding the keywords of "Verizon Internet Security Suite" brings the search results from 19,700 to 144 results.

Full Long URL: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=-5005%3A+0x80070002+uninstall+Verizon+Internet+Security+Suite&btnG=Search
0 Likes
summer
I had Verizon Yahoo Norton Online Protection for security. I never had a problem until Verzion notified me that my Norton Online will not be available after December 8, 2008.  Verizon inform that they had a package deal for $1.99 a month for 6 months and all i have to do is download the software. Well I did and I tell you I can get into the internet, email errors pop up, computer color for verizon change color, displayed page  pop up, my ebay sign out all the time after i check the box to keep me sign in for the entire day, when i can get into the internet is so sloooooooooooooooooooow for the page to show. i have contacted verizon support and i still have problem i'm looking for software mCafee or norton to buy . What a mess my computer is now.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

You could have a nasty Virus. My brother-in-law had one that the Verizon Suite would not clean. Took me hours to fix his PC. I use another software program.

Check for this. It is not an easy one to get rid of. I had to boot in safe mode and do a few other things with third party software.

See info here.

http://www.wiki-security.com/wiki/ms_Parasite/Antivirus2009

Antivirus 2009 is nasty software that the Verizon Suite did not find at that time, or could not get rid of.

Message Edited by prisaz on 01-11-2009 09:50 AM
Message Edited by prisaz on 01-11-2009 09:51 AM
0 Likes