Verizon Internet Security Suite
bthunderson

Hi everybody! I'm having problems with Verizon Internet Security Suite. It will not start, and it's being over 30 days trying to

get it to work on my DellXPS M1530. I have contacted Verizon's Tech Support with no results.  Help, I have no virus protection and I have phurchased it from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Internet Security Suite
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

If you haven't already tried uninstalling and reinstalling give that a go.

Also, make sure you're using the correct username/password that has the licenses for VISS.

The support site for the McAfee VISS is http://verizon.mcafee.com . It contains helpful troubleshooting info as well as a diagnosis tool.

0 Likes
marber2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the following laptop--

TOSHIBA Satellite

A-60 S1591 Sstem unit

Windows XP, Home Edition, Service pack 3

Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz

2.80GHz 192 MB of RAM

w/new memory 1.18 GB of RAM

--------------------------------------------

I downloaded the Verizon Security Suite. It was on the computer successfully for a short time, then I received instruction to download the updated version. To successfully download updated version I was instructed to uninstall existing MCAffe stuff. I uninstalled, then attempted to install updated Verizon Security Suite. The new VSS appears to only have installed ''half way''. When I turn it on I get a blank white section. I've tried uninstalling it but just get a white section. I've tried to go to the Verizon site and re-download, but I can't get to that part of the website. I type in name and password and it goes no where. I have the VSS on another laptop, the one I'm using to post this. I'm supposed to be able to have up to 3 computers use the VSS.

I believe the VSS was working much better a couple of months ago, prior to some kind of change on it. Most of the time I run a scan it doesn't even find tracking cookies, which I find hard to believe. This site is so very slow.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

marber

hammersdaddy

i received a msg. from verizon.com, saying i had until 12-15-19 to install the upgrade viss.  is this a real msg, or a fake?

0 Likes
pjayasek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact issue. It runs fine on my other computer but for some reason it's acting up on the another. I even had an agent help me solve it by logging into my computer remotely, but while installing it got stuck in MacAfee site advisor installation and I had to restart the computer and the support agent disappeared. Now I'm back at square one. If anyone has a solution, please post here.

0 Likes