Verizon Not Waiving Fees
ForumsRMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something isn't right.  This news item says (when you click into it) that upgrade fees are waived starting March 18.  However, when I just tried to do an equipment upgrade, the checkout is trying to charge me a $50 upgrade fee.  Also, I'm chatting with an agent and am being told the upgrade fee is unavoidable.  Anyone else think something is out of whack?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Not Waiving Fees
Lisa334

Is Verizon waiving fees for their prepaid customers too?? Are is it just for small businesses and homeowners??

0 Likes
shouldbeutility
Enthusiast - Level 1

In yet another naked cash-grab from the company that charges existing customers more than new customers but claims it shouldn't be regulated, Verizon is not waiving the already-absurd $50 suspension fee for folks who have been forced to relocate because of the pandemic.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

All companies give better deals to new customers vs existing.

They write it off as customer acquisition costs.

0 Likes
shouldbeutility
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, “all companies” do not. Some companies recognize retention costs and reward their customers for loyalty. From the looks of it, some customers remain loyal even when they’re being taken advantage of.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There may be loyalty discounts.

But they are almost always not as deep as the deals new customers get.

I suspect that if you go on any forum for major providers and people will complain about how new users get better deals than existing customers.

And this is not just cable.

You can see it on cell service.

Even credit cards give new customers something. Usually in the way of reward points or miles.

0 Likes
Mrata
Enthusiast - Level 3

how is it the "supervisor" has notes that customer service cannot see. This is the crap I just got today and I told at the end of June this $149 speed increase fee would be waived.

"We are not able to find the supporting notes on your account to waive the charges. We certainly believe that the supervisor must have said for the approval. However, from our end, we can not apply the waiver with out the notes."

stop lying!!!

0 Likes