Switch Account

Verizon Registration Software

Verizon Registration Software

SOLVED
Copper Contributor Data
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(2,685 Views)

What does the "Verizon Registration Software" do ?  This is the download that is started when you go through the web dialogs starting at  http://activate.verizon.net and you choose "I ordered Verizon FiOS Internet Service."  .  You are instructed to run this .exe file after download.

First or all, I was only trying to reach the Verizon FIOS online billing and payment portal for my FIOS account.  Going through the registration for that sent me to http://activate.verizon.net .   I'm guessing that this FIOS online account management portal thinks that I need to activate my recently installed FIOS service.  I can't imagine why an .exe needs to be launched to activate anything - especially just to gain access to my online account management.  The FIOS service itself (triple-play) is already active and operating fine.

How can I get access to online account management without running a mysterious .exe on my computer ?

7 REPLIES 7
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 8
(2,654 Views)

Try creating an account on MyVerizon.com if you do not have one. The exe for account activation I believe runs you through your new Email account configuration and allows you to choose what other software you wish to load as part of your account. MSN was offered at one time, then Yahoo, and now Windows Live which can be had for free anyway. Once you have a MyVerizon account you can go to your the Internet account tools and setup your primary and sub accounts for Email. It all depends if you wish to have these other add on options or not. https://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_mat_Primary

On the MyVerizon.com site there is an option to register now. You will probably need your account information. It has been many years since I did mine.

Oh one more thing. Welcome to the community. Are you a Star Trek fan? Or just like lots of data?

Copper Contributor Data
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 8
(2,628 Views)

I have an account on MyVerizon.com but when I login the browser and the server get stuck in some sort of bad condition of continually trying to render the page but without end.  The browser keeps fetching pieces of the page but never completes.  I see the status line of the browser repeatedly cycling through connecting, waiting, transferring, stopped statuses. 

FireFox status line when accessing Verizon.net

Copper Contributor Data
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 8
(2,623 Views)

Well, I guess that problem loading the MyVerizon.net page was intermittent, it loads now.

So, I goto the MyBill page and it gives this message :  

Your billing information is not available.
     New Customers
      Please allow approximately 30 days after your service begins for billing information to display online.
     Existing Customers
      If your service has been established for over 30 days, please select the contact us link for assistance.

Then, I goto to the MyProfile page and Billing Information which says :

Sorry, we are unable to continue your order at this time. Please try again later or contact your local Verizon business office for assistance.     
    For Your Home         Customer Service
            1 800-VERIZON (1 800-837-4966)

Then, calling 800-837-4966 and speaking with the billing CSR I'm told that I have to call eCenter at 888-669-9901 and they may be able to help link my actual FIOS acount to MyVerizon.net .

Ahhhh, the wonderful world of big telecom companies.

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 8
(2,544 Views)

Or just load the configuration software and let the automated account set up process complete the creation of your primary Email account. Then you can uninstall the software. I believe during the first billing cycle you will not be able to access your account information online. It has been a long while, but when I first set up service I believe that was the case. You will need to contact Verizon directly for any changes during the first billing cycle.

Copper Contributor Data
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 8
(2,388 Views)

Calling eCenter at 888-669-9901 initially didn't help - they say that the "Verizon Registration Software" is the only way to activate a new account.  I noted to the eCenter CSR that I couldn't run unregistered programs on my computer, so he offered to transfer me to Tech Support.

eCenter Tech Support was actually the hero of the day.  They showed me that I simply had to login to MyVerizon.com with a username and temporary password that the eCenter Tech Support agent manually created for me.  This worked fine and I was able to start managing my FIOS account online. I believe the user name is the one that the back office systems automatically create when a new customer / residential service is turned up.  The temporary password came via the action that eCenter Tech Support agent manually took and replaces what the "Verizon Registration Software" might do otherwise.

The whole problem / inconvenience seems to be that the MyVerizon.com website doesn't have any means other than downloading and running "Verizon Registration Software" to associate a new service phone number or  account number with a MyVerizon.com login account.

In the end, I didn't have to run the "Verizon Registration Software" because eCenter Tech Support manually made that association of billing account to MyVerizon.com login account.

Copper Contributor Data
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 8
(2,182 Views)

I stumbled upon another MyVerizon.com feature set that requires Verizon Registration Software.

Registering and configuring Verizon Wi-Fi seems to demand that I go through Installing Verizon Registration Software  at http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_wifi_landing .

Why do they presume that everyone has a MsWindows PC and isn't restricted from running unregistered software ??? 

Just give me a web registration form Verizon !

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 8 of 8
(2,086 Views)

@Data wrote:

I stumbled upon another MyVerizon.com feature set that requires Verizon Registration Software.

Registering and configuring Verizon Wi-Fi seems to demand that I go through Installing Verizon Registration Software  at http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_wifi_landing .

Why do they presume that everyone has a MsWindows PC and isn't restricted from running unregistered software ??? 

Just give me a web registration form Verizon !

Considering that you have to run their WiFi client to use their WiFi anyway, you have to have a Windows PC. It's not compatible with anything else.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.