Verizon Renewed Contract without Consent or Disclosure
gc118
Enthusiast - Level 2

I renewed my service agreement with Verizon FiOS in April 2015.

On my bill and every order I have made over the past two years, I have seen "$20 Agreement Incentive Included thru Apr 4, 2017"

One year later, on March 12, 2016, I called in regarding a question on my router options. That same day, I was given a discount for the remainder of my contract. {edited for privacy}

I received email confirmation with the following disclosure "Valued Customer $4.99/12 Months"

These discounts would run me through the end of my contract in April 2017.

Today I called in regarding a change on my account (Rep. Lucas on the phone)and I inquired on whether I had 3 or 4 months on my contract and I was told that it's actually 14!

I told him that I received no email of this change and nothing on my bill disclosed this change. He said that the call in March of 2016 extended my agreement one more year to April 2018.

I asked him how that would make sense since the discounts on my account were expiring in April 2017 and what disclosure was made to me of this change and said that it would have just been a verbal agreement and that there is nothing he can do.

I asked what internal controls are in place to protect customers from unauthorized renewals and he said that the email order would have said the agreement was extended, but then he agreed that he didn't!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Renewed Contract without Consent or Disclosure
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gc118,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes