Verizon Site Text Problem.... Help!
computerlover

I'm a computer savvy person, but Verizon is driving me crazy!  This is one I can't figure out and I can't get a live person for one instance of help!!  This is my problem:  I have had a verizon site for years, using site builder.  I had pages and pages, so I knew how to use it!  I deleted everything last year.  This month I began a new site with site builder and have created it, picked a design, added a picture, BUT - it will not add text!  The box is always grayed out.  This is so frustrating!  I can't find any reason why this problem exists, and of course, cannot get any help online.

Does anyone have any idea why I wouldn't be able to add text to my site builder site?  I'm losing my mind!  Help!  and thanks!  - Linda

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Site Text Problem.... Help!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 What is the name and version of the browser that you have installed?

#2 Do you have any add-ons/plug-ins installed for the web browser?

b) If so, what are they?
0 Likes
LindaKay
I'm also computerlover.  I have Firefox 3.0.10.  I did not install any add-ons or plug-ins.  I tried with IE also and had the same problem!
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 In IE, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security.

a) What is the Internet Zone set to?

b) What is Local intranet set to?

c) What is Trusted Sites set to?

d) What is restricted sites set to?

#2 In IE, also go to privacy.

What is that set to?
0 Likes
LindaKay
It's Firefox, not IE (I'm Computerlover - but changed identities).  I've looked at all those settings and don't see any problem.  Even if I open IE, my settings are low for security - no pop up blocking....
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LindaKay wrote:
It's Firefox, not IE (I'm Computerlover - but changed identities).  I've looked at all those settings and don't see any problem.  Even if I open IE, my settings are low for security - no pop up blocking....

Psst, Firefox uses IE Security Settings on Windows.

For example http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_save_or_download_files#Bypass_Windows_Security_Policy_check

--

Anyways, with my Live CD of PCLinuxOS 2007the site works fine here.

http://i40.tinypic.com/24doigz.jpg

-> Yeah, yeah the year is already 2009 and I have the 2007 version.

Without you getting another OS (Operating System), I see what I find in the IE Restricted zone that is preventing users (like you) on Windows from editing the web page like that.

I report back to you as soon as I can...

Good bye for now.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Upon reflection, it does not seem to be anything about IE's Security Settings.

Their site does not work with Fire Fox. I even tried the safe mode for Fire Fox.

Points to http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode

This is an example of how to do it under IE.

^^
0 Likes
LindaKay
That was really nice of you, dslr, to go to all that trouble for me.  Thank you so much.  You're right!  Firefox just doesn't allow it!   I reset all my Internet Explorer settings back to factory settings and now it will finally allow me to enter the text.  So, when I want to work on my site, I must make sure I use IE and not Firefox.  Problem finally solved.  Thank you!
0 Likes