Verizon Utility Box & Power Meter - Needs Immediate Attention
Dajosa23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Verizon box (actually a controlled environmental vault) along with a power meter on my property.  The CEV is emitting a high squealing pitch that does not stop.  Also, the power meter next to the CEV has a sign that say "Danger High Voltage" and says "Suitable for use as service equipment dead front requires padlock", but the box doesn't have a lock or any other mechanism to prevent someone from getting inside.

I have called Verizon to try to get these issues addressed, but I get the residential service team which doesn't know where to send me.  What can be done/Who should be contacted?

Re: Verizon Utility Box & Power Meter - Needs Immediate Attention
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dajosa23,

You can find instructions for reporting damaged equipment here:

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/service_outage_information.htm

Please post back if you need further help with this.

0 Likes
Rowlettmom45

Same thing happened to us. I replaceed the large battery. I took my to Radio Shack and they matched it. Placed it and the noise that came from the Verizon brain center. Now we still had to have tech support come out and still do something. Sorry can't remember why. Although he tech said that our model was older and need some tweaking. I javelin the phone number for fiber optic tech support and repairs ( but may only be in the Dallas, tx area).

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@Rowlettmom45 wrote:

Same thing happened to us. I replaceed the large battery. I took my to Radio Shack and they matched it. Placed it and the noise that came from the Verizon brain center. Now we still had to have tech support come out and still do something. Sorry can't remember why. Although he tech said that our model was older and need some tweaking. I javelin the phone number for fiber optic tech support and repairs ( but may only be in the Dallas, tx area).

The poster is talking about an underground controlled equipment vault located next to his property not his Fios service.

0 Likes
Dajosa23
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is correct, and its the root of the problem. Each time I contact Verizon they send out a FIOS technician and the FIOS technician doesn't work on this type of equipment.  What I need is a phone number of someone at FIOS that works on these vaults. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dajosa23,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes