Verizon Utility Work Damaged my Water Main
cxd213

I'm turning here as I've had no luck thus far through the 800 number. My neighborhood had utility work performed beginning on 1/11/2016 and ending a few days later. The work was to replace a fried underground phone line (not for my house) and involved jackhammering, excavating, digging, etc on my property and in my driveway. Immediately after we got 30+ inches of snow in Maryland. Since then, temperatures have warmed and I have noticed water constantly leaking in the area work was performed in. My local water utility (which is run by my county) came to inspect and said that Verizon had indeed caused the damage and urged me to contact Verizon for resolution. Calls to the 800-VERIZON number have generated my an 'escalated' ticket, but I've received no response from the supervisor who was apparently assigned to my issue. I'm looking to resolve this issue directly with Verizon before pursing actions with my local county and state agencies to resolve this matter.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Utility Work Damaged my Water Main
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum. You may get an escalation for addtional support here.

If not, I would escalate to your local PSC.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Utility Work Damaged my Water Main
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes