Verizon agent lied to me
jeffb11
Enthusiast - Level 2

The verizon agent lied to me.  After he told me HBO was included, I took a screenshot because i knew this would happen.  You can clearly see me asking..and getting an answer.  Apparently, HBO is not included.  And, apparently it's OK to lie to customers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon agent lied to me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jeffb1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon agent lied to me
jeffb11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was promised a service.  I have a screen shot of that promise.  You will not honor that promise.  That is called a lie.

I took a picture of what your sales agent offered me.  I took the offer, but now your human robots have cancelled my service and keep saying "it's not in the contract".  If you only had a Division Manager who was worth a **bleep**, you would actually resolve my problem in the open instead of hiding behind the "private chat" where you don't actually fix anything other than your public image.  Call anytime...you know my name.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jeffb1,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes
Verizon agent lied to me about HBO
jeffb11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a screenshot of the Verizon Agent lying to me.  It clearly shows that he offered HBO with my renewal.  But, I was lied to.  The only remedy i get is "you can buy HBO for only $15 per month...would you like to do that now?"  Of course, this is after I've already signed the contract online.

They keep saying "this issue is being resolved in private chat."  You can see their version of "resolved" in the previous paragraph...just pay more money...

Re: Verizon agent lied to me about HBO
jonjones1
Legend

@jeffb1 wrote:

I have a screenshot of the Verizon Agent lying to me.  It clearly shows that he offered HBO with my renewal.  But, I was lied to.  The only remedy i get is "you can buy HBO for only $15 per month...would you like to do that now?"  Of course, this is after I've already signed the contract online.

They keep saying "this issue is being resolved in private chat."  You can see their version of "resolved" in the previous paragraph...just pay more money...

Simple solution is you have the screenshot of the offer, Verizon reneged on that agreement so no contract. Simply quit service. There really isn’t much you can do.

if they balk at you leaving etc. private message me and I will give you another option.

if you run into resistance.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

One of the reasons that things are moved to private chat is that it involves private account info. I would expect that you would not want that data out in public.

So did you go to the private area and their only resolution was to subscribe to HBO?

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

One of the reasons that things are moved to private chat is that it involves private account info. I would expect that you would not want that data out in public.

So did you go to the private area and their only resolution was to subscribe to HBO?

That is true about the private account information. However many of those “we have moved this to Verizon escalations “ etc. can be used as a mask. In the wireless forum it was a valid complaint where the issue was closed, but the person reported it was never fixed. Verizon is Verizon no matter broadband, tv, phone or wireless. Would you expect it not to act as they have in this forum as they had done in the wireless forum? 

Personally calling is always best in my opinion. But read about what customers are being told “sorry there is nothing we can do” you being an intelligent person knows that statement is patently false. Those operators and chat and social media reps MUST have a minimum level at best to make corrections to orders, refund over payments, fix install or repair issues, be able to answer questions truthfully and accurately and not just move people along so they can have the customers problems never addressed.

This is what is happening and unfortunately this is customers helping customers here and our hands are tied. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what deal you got but a trial subscription to HBO is often included.  TRIAL.

These forums are designed as peer to peer.  Any Verizon person posting here is normally only a Board admin.  You need to go follow the info posted to get to someone that can perhaps help you.

A  Peer.

Salvatz

I just ran into almost the exact same problem.  I asked the agent if my channel lineup would be the same after an contract renewal.  She assured me that nothing would change.  The trickery comes in that the old contract had me on the Ultimate Package which included HBO and Stars and on the new contract the UltimatePackage does not include HBO and Stars.  This way they can say, "Yor package remains the same"  

0 Likes