Verizon agent lied to me
CBPIPE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Decided to switch services and give Fios a try. After going over the necessity channels Vh1, Bravo, Espn, Own, etc.  I had with my previous provider,   the agent told me the channels were all covered with the a package priced at 135.00 after tax and fees. I thought cool, so I signed up. Its not even 4 days and I'm seeing the channels promised are no where to be found. I go online to chat with support and they tell me if i want whats promised it will cost 175.00. Which is way more than what i was paying for my last provider. Going back and forth with the online support trying to up sale me, all i got was "im sorry". Asked about termination rights and the chat  support started talking about connection issues. Definitely not cool, thought you all would have this low ball salesmanship taken care of  in 2018. 

Re: Verizon agent lied to me
jonjones1
Legend

You can leave Fios within 30 days under the total satisfaction guarantee.

if they give you a issue. Contact your states regulating authority. Normally the states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission or state depart of public service. Just google it. Mention the total satisfaction guarantee which is in the Verizon terms of service and can be found via a google search.

if you switch to a cable provider etc. they have programs like Fios that will pay off early termination fees in gift card. However you can hold them to the total satisfaction guarantee. 

Re: Verizon agent lied to me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CBPIPE,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes