Verizon billing & customer service renewal with premium channels
febe2006
Enthusiast - Level 1

On 12/2/16 I received a call from Verizon telling me that my contract is up for renewal. First thing I asked was how much will the bill be to renew, the customer service rep assured me that my services would not change and that my bill would go from$184 a month to $163 a month. Of course I said great but also asked the rep a 2nd time to make sure nothing would change with my service & the bill would not increase. On 12/14/16 I was talking to my sister (who is also a version customer which I referred) she informed me that she went thru the same call with version but after she agreed to the renewal and received her bill it was extremely higher than her quote which was emailed to her as was mine with the new price. The problem is the rep never tells the customer that the contract does not include your the premium channels in your package, they never tell you that the contract is only for the basic service. When you receive the quote the line for the premium channels says (fee waived) that fee is not waived! It's a separate contract that Will change the price of your bill substantially!! The rep never discusses that charge with you, the price quote that is emailed to the customer is very misleading and so is the rep. Later that day after talking to my sister I called Verizon to see if they were scamming me like they did my sister ( who is now being told by Verizon that she must pay them $230. To break her contract because she was lied to by the rep). I was told by the rep that she doesn't know why I was not told about this & she would have to send a message to her supervisor! I told her I wanted to speak with a supervisor right now, the rep says I sent the supervisor an email & they will contact you in 7-10 days! My premium package happens to expire on 12/27/16 so I guess that's when my bill will increase from the original amount I was paying before all this

started now my bill will be over $220! Smh! I'm going to switch to Comcast before the 27th , I've also given this information to my local news station who gets results for people who get ripped off by companies like Verizon for false advertisement! I've also sent this info to the better business bureau! I am so tired of getting ripped off by these cable companies! 

Verizon billing & customer service renewal with premium channels
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SabrinaG,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon billing & customer service renewal with premium channels
febe2006
Enthusiast - Level 1

I POSTED A COMPLAINT ABOUT VERIZON'S LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE ON

12-16-16 ON THIS FORUM, I RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM VERIZON ON

12-26-16 TELLING ME TO GO TO THE PRIVATE MESSAGE PAGE TO EXPLAIN MY PROBLEM (WHICH I DID).  TODAY IT IS 1-5-17 AND I HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM VERIZON! I REALLY CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW HORRIBLE VERIZON'S SERVICE HAS GOTTEN, AND THE FACT THAT A LOYAL PAYING CUSTOMER HAS TO GO THROUGH POSTING COMPLAINTS ON THIS SITE WHICH IS A WASTE OF TIME AS I HAVE FOUND OUT, I THOUGHT THE COMPANY WOULD WORK HARD TO KEEP GOOD PAYING CUSTOMERS NOT HELP PUSH THEM AWAY! I'M SO FED UP WITH VERIZON AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon billing & customer service renewal with premium channels
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi febe2006,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes