Verizon bogus charge and horrible customer support
johnmink1

I called Verizon today to get Prime Tv added to my account. When the agent went to add it she said there was a lock on my account. Ok so this sparked my interest. I asked what the block was for and they said for a miss payment back in Feb 2012. I have automatic payment with them so this confused me. I have been with verizon for 4+ years and never missed a payment. She said they cannot look into it because it was sent over to a collection agency. So now my temper is getting up since this is the first time I have heard about this. She included someone from financial on the phone who kept pushing for me to make a payment. I have proof of every verizon payment I have ever made. I have it on my billing statement. They said I would have to prove it to the collection agency and provided me with the number then he said he had other customers to tend to and left the conversation. So I gave verizon the benefit of a doubt and maybe I did miss a payment. As I called the collection agency I pulled up my bank statements and provided every payment I have made with verizon. No payment was missed. In feb of 2012 I bought my home and transfered service. So verizon and it's gear went with me. After the tech came out I have since then changed my account services multiple times over the years. And I'm just now hearing about this. So I called verizon back and spoke with another agent trying to figure out where they went wrong. After 2 hours of run around I said fine I will pay it. So She told me she could not take the payment so I have to call the collection agency back to pay it... Wait... I was just told by 2 people that I could... So I asked to speak to a superviser. She was nice and easily took my payment. So she told the agent to remove the block and the payment was made. So this agent included aother person on the line to remove the block and she asked me if I wanted to pay credit/debit.. Now I'm furiouse.... After the agent I was on the phone with told her it was payed for she immediately put me on hold and I never heard from that person again. After another 30-40 min the block was removed and now the agent on the phone was trying to sell me different bundles... I just want TV added.... I'm fine with my internet speed just add tv... So she told me the price would be 104 for no contract or she can lock in a price for 99$ a month with a 2 yr contract.... I'm not under a contract right now? She told me no so I told her to just add the TV with no contract because as soon as I order COMCAST I will be dropping Verizon for this dilema. She then proceeded to tell me my company discount would be taken off since it's expired. As she was doing this I looked into it and the discount was still there my company still provided it. She said she could do nothing about that and procceded to try and sell me on a 2 yr contract. I asked her if I did the triple play what would the price be and she said 140$ I told her the triple play on the site was 79$ and she quickly remarked with "that is for new customers".

So apparently my service is not respected within Verizon for me to keep my service. Not only did I pay a bogus charge, but the customer support was terrible. After she made the change and we hung up I got the email saying my account was upgraded and that not only do I have the TV but my internet speed was upgraded as well... really?... verizon.. So I decided to post this on verizons forums so I went to login. Granted I forgot my username/pass so I spoke with an agent. He told me the account number I provided had a lan line # attached. I have no lan line are you kidding me? So I called verizon support again except this time I decided to try technical support. This guy was atleast some help and I could understand him. He forwarded me to the E department and the lady there needed me to verify my account by the phone number.. I told her there is no lan line on that account. After a short while she asked me a security question which I had never setup. The phone number she provided was not mine nor did I know who it was. So the account number that I have been working with wasn't even mine.. She told me that there was never a late charge on my account nor did anyhting go to claims. So i went through all of this to pay some one elses late payment? In the end I'm out 5 hours of my time and 144$. 

Verizon has no commitment to existing customers. Atleast with comcast I know what I'm getting into. I don't want a "ticket" put in since we know that it will go no where and there is just an automated bot that scrapes these posts and adds "your ticket has been submitted to an agent". Please don't bother, but I bet your going to do it anyway.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon bogus charge and horrible customer support
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi johnmink1,

This will put you in contact with a private support agent, should you wish to pursue this:

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon bogus charge and horrible customer support
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello johnmink1,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close out the private message. If you still need help with your bundle or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes