Verizon failed to deliver what sales person promised $350 visa card
Central_NJ_User
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon failed to deliver what sales person promised $350 visa card after I started my 3 years internet service contract with them, which is "$79.99/month internet plan" for 3 years, started from June 28, 2019.

On 2019-06-20, 2:00PM in the afternoon, Verizon saleslady knocked my door, this is her 3rd visit to my home. 

She tried to sell the $79.99/month internet package to me with some incentives (samsung chromebook plus gift certificate which is valued at $350. It is $200 for new verizon account, plus $150 for signing 3 year contract).  

At the moment, I clearly told her:

"I have comcast internet, I don't need to change my home internet to Verizon Fios. I have TV at home, I do not need a Samsung device, nor a Samsung TV, I will wait for future time to switch my service when Verizon gives Visa cash card".  

I emphasized this to her many times.

She told me that I don't need to wait and she can make sure that I get $350 visa card after I switch to Verizon Fios with 3 years contract.  We made it very clearly, it's $350 Visa Card, rather than any Samsung brand TV or computer, nor Samsung's credits.

I switched my internet service from Comcast to Verizon on June 28, 2019, with auto-payment set up...  One month later, after 1 payment was made, I was still waiting for my visa cash card.

On 2019-07-30, I chatted with Verizon online agent about this reward issue, the agents who chatted with me told me that they would check the issue for me.

On 2019-09-03, I called Verizon about this incentive issue again.  This time the representative told me "Sorry, we cannot change the promotion from Samsung gift card to Visa cash card." Over the phone I told him "I am not calling for requesting an incentive/promotion change. I am calling to request what I was promised as a new customer." I had bad feeling about this kind of calling... As a new customer, do I have to beg Verizon for something? The representative told me his supervisor will contact me within 24 hours. Today is 2019-09-12, 200+ hours passed, I haven't got any call from Verizon.

Verizon uses this way to fish new customer?  sending out unprofessional sales person or 'dishonest' sales person (hate to use this word on a person), who promising something to customer which does not exist. Later it will take customer's time and efforts to fight for that? 

In 2019-09-03 phone conversation I was also hinted by the representative that Verizon Saleperson/Verizon Authorized vendor are not Verizon.    What!!?

"Verizon, this is NOT the right way to develop business. "  

Time is running out, I may have to file my complaint to BBB before the reward deadline.

(Just search in the forum and found some other customers ran into exact same kind of troubles as I have. Sigh.)

Re: Verizon failed to deliver what sales person promised $350 visa card
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Central_NJ_User,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes