Verizon ground box cover/lid broken, hazard to children
Pakduameter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ground box cover at intersection of Waltham Woods Rd and Bellbeck Rd, Baltimore County MD is broken, jagged, mostly missing, creating a hazard for children walking to school and anyone else that could step there.  Verizon offers no place to report this

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon ground box cover/lid broken, hazard to children
Pakduameter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called, they created a ticket, and the next day someone came and fixed it.

Not the most efficient system, as they treated it as if there was a problem at my home, and sent numerous text messages and phone calls to verify that there was still a problem and someone needed to come out and fix it.  Then the service tech was required to call me to say he was coming, even though he knew it wasn't a problem at my house. 

Whatever, if it is fixed now, that's good.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pakduameter,

You can report this to Customer Support at 1-800-VERIZON.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/phone/homephone/general+support/phone+troubleshooting/ca...

0 Likes
Pakduameter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called, they created a ticket, and the next day someone came and fixed it.

Not the most efficient system, as they treated it as if there was a problem at my home, and sent numerous text messages and phone calls to verify that there was still a problem and someone needed to come out and fix it.  Then the service tech was required to call me to say he was coming, even though he knew it wasn't a problem at my house. 

Whatever, if it is fixed now, that's good.

0 Likes
rm99991
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I am no longer a Verizon customer, and I have been unable to get anybody to address the problem. I plan in filling the open box with soil and planting grass on top.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rm9999,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Ideaboy

Repair was performed today on one of two Verizon under-surface boxes on my property. Both are still open. Clearly they are too far above lawn level to engage the 90-degree angle on one side of the lid, and the L-shape screw on the other. Pleas have both fixed. THe direct line to you has a one-hour wait.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ideaboy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes