Verizon installation unit removed?
girlymetalchick

I just moved out of an apartment where I had my Verizon triple play installed.  There is a white box affixed to the wall inside the apartment that my landlord is asking for me to have removed.  From my understanding, this doesn't get removed.  I just have to return my equipment (cable box, remote and router).  Does this wall unit get removed?  Do I have to call to get it removed or do they remove it after cancellation?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon installation unit removed?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@girlymetalchick wrote:

I just moved out of an apartment where I had my Verizon triple play installed.  There is a white box affixed to the wall inside the apartment that my landlord is asking for me to have removed.  From my understanding, this doesn't get removed.  I just have to return my equipment (cable box, remote and router).  Does this wall unit get removed?  Do I have to call to get it removed or do they remove it after cancellation?

If the white box on the wall is the ONT and/or BBU, then they do not get removed. In most cases, even removing them yourself would result in holes in wall.

The apartment is now pre-wired for FiOS though, so let your landlord know it's a selling point, not a drawback! 😉

Re: Verizon installation unit removed?
minded
Contributor - Level 1

Exactly: I don't know if they still do this, but a few years ago, if fios was preinstalled, you got extra discounts on top of the 2year agreement benefits, with no contract.

0 Likes