Verizon is incapable of providing service
UselessVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Service is awful. They do not respond to their customer support emails and their reps just close issues before anything is fixed.  I have yet to have a call with a competent customer service agent.

I have had it for a week and they have yet to get my triple play service working.  Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to get someone who cares and is competent. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is incapable of providing service
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sounds like you are going through a rough patch,  These are unfortunately user to user forums, so if you need to talk to verizon you will want to talk to them directly., 

we've been known to help people get things fixed, because we may have gone through something similiar.  So if you want to share what you are trying to do or accomplish, we can give some input. 

If you want really good avenues to getting your problem resolved, then I suggest reaching out to the VZ Twitter support.  Those guys seem to be really good at taking care of issues.   If it's an advanced problem, then I would register and post in the VZ Direct Forum.  I am a really big fan of online chat, and the twitter guys and the vz direct forum,  I have had tremendous luck with each of them.  I don't like waiting on hold.    😛

If it's account related, then I think VZ is the only entity you can really talk to about that, I have had good luck with chat support.  

If you think it's something we can help with, then shoot.  We've been known to have an answer or two.