Verizon keeps sending me routers!!
SGadG
Enthusiast - Level 2
In October, I called Verizon to request an additional TV box. While processing the order, the young lady offered me an upgrade on our FIOS internet router. I declined since we have no issue with our current internet speed. Two things happened after this call. 1- Along with my new cable box, I received a new router. I called customer service and was advised to return the box via the prepaid label. I did so that same day. I received the bill a couple of weeks later and found that I was being charged $10/month for the new router. Again, I called customer service and the young lady said she would process a refund. I didn't receive any confirmation # nor an email confirmation for the change. Three weeks go by and I magically receive another internet router. I called customer service and the rep told me it wasn't on my account and to return it using the prepaid label. I did so, AGAIN! Saturday, I received my monthly bill which included a $10/month charge for the upgraded router that I've returned twice. I spent one full hour on the phone while the rep, Megan, processed my account adjustment., removing the router rental fee. I did receive an email confirmation of the change. No sooner did I hang up that I noticed on the email confirmation that my discount for equipment rental had been reduced from $12/month to $8. I don't know why that changed since my conversation had nothing to do with my TV service. Another call and 30 minutes later, a new adjustment was made to correct the mistake. The next day I received an email from Verizon with a tracking number for, guess what, a NEW ROUTER!!! How can I make this stop?? 2- The second thing that happened after the initial phone call was that strangely my internet speed slowed down. We didn't add any more equipment nor did we change our surfing/streaming habits. We actually had one less person in the household than we did initially.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon keeps sending me routers!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SGadG,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon keeps sending me routers!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SGadG,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes