Verizon killed my Elm tree
joesmoe3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last summer, there was an apparent break in the FIOS line next door, and it was a big deal, because five Verizon work trucks showed up, and a temporary cable was laid across the street, through my back yard, to a terminal next door.

Later, Verizon chose my back yard to make the splice of the repair cable segment to the old one, and dug a trench to the next door terminal.

My daughters and I were facsinated to watch the technician with his work bench and presicion splicer, splice the tiny fiber optic threads together.  The trench ran right next to the Elm tree.  I worried at the time for the Elm tree.

Sure enough, it suffered that season, and we were hoping it would recover this spring.

It has died.

VERIZON, you owe me a tree.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon killed my Elm tree
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

Have you contacted Verizon?

Have you had a certified arborist come out to diagnose that trenching killed the tree?

joesmoe3
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I contact Verizon ?

Arborists are few and far between -- true ones that is.  The money is in convincing people to have tree work they don't need, and often unhealthy for the tree.  In my twenty years here, I have yet to meet an arborist worthy of the name, thaough I don't doubt they're "out there".

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@joesmoe3 wrote:

How do I contact Verizon ?

Click on the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of these web pages for many options.  You'll find the phone number, 800-VERIZON.  For your issue, you may have better luck calling during normal business hours.

Good Luck.

0 Likes