Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Verizon login page flow displays your PASSWORD!!

amilhanish
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon login page flow displays your PASSWORD!!

Message 1 of 2
(380 Views)

Huge security hole for Verizon on their website! 

This also means that Verizon is storing passwords with 2-way encryption which is way way bad!  A hacker can now decrypt your passwords.

Today on Nov 30, 2021, I started a login on the Verizon website.  I was presented a page that asked me to verify my secret for login...and the PAGE DISPLAYED MY PASSWORD as my user id or mobile number.

Not sure why this screen shot doesn't always display correctly.

2021-11-30_10-16-06.jpg

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon login page flow displays your PASSWORD!!

Message 2 of 2
(295 Views)

#1 I am not sure but to me it seems that has something to deal with the web browser remembering the log-in credentials and that includes the use of cookies.

#2 These forums that you are posting on deals with Verizon Land Line Services (POTs, DSL, FIOS). By the looks of things, you should tell the people over at https://community.verizon.com/

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title