Verizon refusing to send paper bill?
NotThrilled1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else who prefers to have paper bills for records been refused this service?  I'm familiar with companies offering paperless as a option, but never had it dictated to me before.  I'm going to my Cox store to see if they are still willing to send bills in the mail.

Re: Verizon refusing to send paper bill?
jonjones1
Legend

Paper bill or invoicing can be restarted by calling and telling Verizon you want paper billing restored. Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search and contact them. They can assist in this situation.

online invoices can be downloaded in different formats, like adobe pdf. Up to 18 months of invoices are available. That is more than ample invoices to view or save.

like I said they also can be printed out as well.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I logged in to my account online.

Under Billing, select Paperless billing.

There is an on/off button.

Just select off and you should start receving a paper bill.

0 Likes
NotThrilled1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine does not have the option to turn it off.  And when chatted online with a rep, they said it was part of their "advocacy to save nature".  I don't know where the rep was, but throughout the chat it was very clear that English was not their first language.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I logged in to my account online.

Under Billing, select Paperless billing.

There is an on/off button.

Just select off and you should start receving a paper bill.

Ah ha. The problem becomes apparent however when after you select paperless billing the on/off may not be on the account. On mine I never went paperless however I view and pay via the web portal. I save the paper invoices to use if Verizon gets creative in services or billing. 

0 Likes
unhappycustome8

this has been going on for months with me. I want a paper bill but they refuse. One rep said that the only solution was for me to call verizon every month to find out how much I owe. What a terrible company.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@unhappycustome8 wrote:

this has been going on for months with me. I want a paper bill but they refuse. One rep said that the only solution was for me to call verizon every month to find out how much I owe. What a terrible company.

Like i stated below in my first reply. Call your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search, tell them what verizon is doing and let them get into verizons executive escalations department. They are very good.

like i and another poster said you could login to your account or even the fios app and under billing you can view your monthly invoice, and also print it out or save as a .pdf and you still get a paper copy so you can still outsmart Verizon as not having to call.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I know it is not the same as sending you a bill.

But you can log in every month and print out the exact same thing as you  would receive if they mailed you a bill.

0 Likes