Verizon's Refund checks to us BOUNCED... and I've incurred returned item fees!
Mamamootz

We relocated from CA to NJ during October 2012 durng the weekend of Hurricane Sandy. At that time, our Verizon DSL and Fios service was cancelled. First, Verizon tried to charge us $300.00 for non returned equipment when we shipped the items back to them in December. I was on the phone with multiple reps over that issue. We had to wait until February 2013 for the credit to finally hit our account, and we ended up having a credit balance to be refunded. 

Due to the hurricane, our residence address changed 3 times - and we are now in a year lease in an apartment and have been since January 2013.

I attempted to contact Verizon customer service in January  and sent an e-mail thorugh my account on this board. Verizon sent me a reply which I cannot open because my account is "closed" and I no longer have access. In late February, we received a check from Verizon mailed directly to our new address. Thinking everything was fine, I deposited the check into the bank.

I log on to our accounts last night to check on a bill payment, and guess what? Verizon's check to us BOUNCED.

Yep, that's right, my refund check from Verizon bounced and I incurred a $24.00 returned item fee from Wells Fargo Bank.

Bad enough that when we cancelled another account with Verizon in CA and we were due money for that, the check got "lost in the mail" and we never received that refund.

Are you kidding me, Verizon?

It is nearly impossible to do business with you on a regular basis, and my family has never been late on a payment for anything with your company, but when people are owed refunds, the checks are either "lost in the mail" or they BOUNCE?

I have no words other than "We will never be back".

I would LOVE to hear from Verizon about this - get the refund I am owed, and reimbursement for the returned check fees that were charged to my account.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Refund checks to us BOUNCED... and I've incurred returned item fees!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Refund checks to us BOUNCED... and I've incurred returned item fees!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad we were able to assist with your missing refund.

Should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, feel free to make a new post and we'll gladly assist. We're available around the clock for support.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes