Verizon's refund check bounced and my bank charged me a check-return fee
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cancelled my service back in November 2014 and sent back the equipment.  I received my refund check in late January and deposited it.  Several days later my bank informed me that the check had bounced and I was charged a $14 fee.  I called Verizon and got routed around to some woman who said that they stopped payment because I had changed my mailing address.  She essentially accused me of being at fault for the check bouncing.  When I said that I had provided Verizon my new address she said she would resubmit the refund for payment.  When I said I also wanted to be compensated for the $14 fee, she balked and said I would have to fax her the bank statement proving I had incurred the charge.  Not having a fax machine I asked if I could email her a copy.  She said no; she only accepts faxes.  At that point I lost it.  Why does dealing with Verizon have to be such a difficult ordeal???  

I am not going to deal with this surly woman anymore.  Who do I mail my complaint to?  Anyone have the address of Verizon's president? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon's refund check bounced and my bank charged me a check-return fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RBinDC,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's refund check bounced and my bank charged me a check-return fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RBinDC,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes