Verizon technician CAUSES outage!
iliketurtles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My FIoS died last Saturday - internet, TV, phone, all out. I tried the usual reboot of the router, no luck. I went outside to see if there was work being done.

Sure enough, there's a Verizon truck a few doors down, with a Verizon technician working on a neighbor's home. "So you're the reason my internet is down?" I ask him. "No, I'm just hooking someone up."

Hmmm. "So it's not possible that you made some mistake?

"No, it's not me." He drives away.

Two days later, Verizon sends out another tech to fix our outage, he comes and finds the problem...it was indeed caused by the tech who denied he could have caused it and didn't bother to check.

Thanks alot, buddy. If you had just considered the minute possibility that maybe, just maybe, you had made a mistake and went back up the pole to check and fix it, I wouldn't have had to wait for two days with no service and Verizon wouldn't have had to send another tech out to fix your dumb mistake.

Verizon, please train your techs not to be obstinate and overconfident when an obvious problem like this comes up. It sucks for you and your customers.

0 Likes