Verizon will not honor the price I was quoted at sign up for 75/35 and ultimate hd.
Famileejoy
I ordered fios 75/35 and ultimate hd at the end of January and was quoted 85 dollars for the bundled service. I printed off the confirmation page. I received and email confirming a much higher price than what I was quoted online. I chatted with an online rep that told me they would honor my 85 dollar price. I have been on the phone with verizon multiple times and have been given the run around. They will not honor the price and have transferred me to closed offices and have held me on hold for managers and the hang up on me. I am very frustrated that I am not getting the price I was quoted. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I will not pay my bill because it is 60 dollars more than what I was quoted. Can any service rep help me with this situation?
0 Likes
Re: Verizon will not honor the price I was quoted at sign up for 75/35 and ultimate hd.
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Famileejoy wrote:
I ordered fios 75/35 and ultimate hd at the end of January and was quoted 85 dollars for the bundled service. I printed off the confirmation page. I received and email confirming a much higher price than what I was quoted online. I chatted with an online rep that told me they would honor my 85 dollar price. I have been on the phone with verizon multiple times and have been given the run around. They will not honor the price and have transferred me to closed offices and have held me on hold for managers and the hang up on me. I am very frustrated that I am not getting the price I was quoted. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I will not pay my bill because it is 60 dollars more than what I was quoted. Can any service rep help me with this situation?

Hello,

Just a follow-up question:

Did you order the service(s) online yourself?

A few remarks:

The $85 pricing for a triple-play with Digital Voice, Ultimate HD and FiOS Internet of 75/35 Mbps seems awfully low, even if it would be minus Voice for a Double-Play TV/Internet Package.

Ultimate is the best package for TV plans and the 75/35 Mbps is one of the highest tier FiOS Quantum speeds available in a bundled package.

All advertisements we've seen provided in public by Verizon for an $89.99 (or $84.99 back then) package are for NEW customer offerings on the Triple-play basic package of Prime HD, 15/5 Internet (or 50/25 now) and Digital Voice.

If you go to this link online:  http://www22.verizon.com/home/shop/shopping.htm

and proceed to Step 1 to Select your Services, you can check/uncheck TV, Internet or Phone.

Just out of curiosity, if you click ONLY on the 'TV' checkbox, it shows the pricing of Stand-alone TV for Ultimate HD as Option 3 for $89.99/month.

If you then select ONLY 'Internet' and select 2-Year Contract for Step 2, it displays the pricing of Stand-alone Internet for 75/35 Mbps as Option 3 for $89.99/month.

Then, if you check all 3 services of TV, Internet and Phone, on a 2-Year Contract for Ultimate HD, 75/35 and FDV, the pricing is $129.99/month with a $500 visa card, which is the current promotion.

Let's say we recalculate the Visa card into a monthly monetary value over a  24-month (2-year period), then you can say it's $20.83 a month.  If we subtract that from $129.99, then you'd be left with $109.99 for a Triple Play Best package monthly pricing for 2 years.

If we remove Digital Voice, on a 2-year plan, the pricing is also $129.99 for the Double-Play Internet/TV but with a promo of $150 for the Visa card.

The $129.99 pricing mentioned from verizon.com for a Triple Play of Ultimate TV -75/35 Data and FDV is without even typing an address in.

I know you had stated that there is a print-out of the confirmation page that you had obtained while ordering.  

Does it have your address or a confirmation number on it?  

Does it indicate all 3 services and those specific TV/Internet plans for the price of $85?

When you chatted with an online rep, did you mention that the $85 pricing was explicitly for Ultimate and 75/35?

Do you have a transcript of that chat where the online rep states Verizon would honor that price?

I'd really like to support your cause on this, particularly since no one likes to be given the run-around, and the difference in pricing here is quite significant.   

On the other hand, if you think about it, existing customers are paying for the actual price of the bundle (sans new promos), and new customers of the Best Pkg will be paying the $129.99 monthly charge.

Is this fair?

It is possible there is a system glitch that provided you a $85 price for the Best Pkg.  

If you think logically, this is possible, but the probability of the lower pricing being shown online happening is quite low, especially if you would have known that the stated price is for a base package and not any other higher-tiered plan (as per Verizon's multiple marketing methods via mail, TV, radio, email, and online advertising).

Hence, many folks from Verizon (and even those reading this thread) would not be convinced that is indeed a true price quote.  

It is likely that you inadvertently clicked on something else (stand-alone service or triple basic).

Having said all that, in all honesty, it would be incumbent upon you to prove that you have supporting documentation showing that price for the specified bundle (and a transcript with the online rep to honor said price).

I would fax whatever paperwork indicates such directly to Verizon, and this way they can honor the price stated.

If there is no documentation, perhaps Verizon could even offer a compromise to you for all your troubles/frustration and your attempts to resolve this situation through various contacts with the company.  

Good luck!

P.S. This is a peer-to-peer community forum and the opinions stated above are from personal perspective.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon will not honor the price I was quoted at sign up for 75/35 and ultimate hd.
Famileejoy
The option I chose is for a double play of ultimate hd and 75/35. I do have the confirmation page from when I signed up and it does have my order number. I also printed out the chat log with the online rep. I had already faxed in my documents to one of the phone reps and never received a phone call back about them. I even asked another rep to specifically look for the rep to call and ask to give me a call back. I never received anything from that. I called multiple times after that with no resolve. Every time being sent to call centers that are closed and this getting hung up on after waiting 15-30 mins to have someone answer my calls.

I know that the price is very low and that is the reason I had signed up for the service. I was lured in at a low price and then given the 129.99 price. If this the way verizon does business it blows my mind.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
Famileejoy
I never received any request for a private case. I was able to talk to an online rep to get my situation resolved.
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

You received an email from Verizon with a link to your private support case.  You can also go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

We're happy to know that your issues has already been resolved.

0 Likes
jfjvv

I am in the same predicament as the OP.  How do I get  a private support case so I may address this further?

0 Likes
Courage1

This is what happened to me as well.  I was quoted $64.99 for the triple bundle (50/25) and waiving activation fee when I signed up on the phone and then when I received an e-mail confirmation, the price was $89.99 with $59.99 activation fee.  I immediately called Verizon back.  Another representative mentioned that he will log the information in my account and reassure me that my first bill will reflect the price that was quoted ater a supervisor approves it.  I received my first bill today, and it still shows $89.99/mo with activation fee.

When I called back, a representative said she doesn't know why the other representative misquoted me and said that she can't offer me the price that I was quoted for when I first signed up. 

So, I am not the only one out there being "misquoted". This is really frustrating because I spent almost at least 30 minutes on the phone with the representative when signing up for the service.  Near the end of the call, he even told me the rate with tax and other fees, it would come out to be ~$72.  I was surprised when I received the first e-mail showing $130 on the first bill.  Subsequent to receiving this huge bill, I spent multiple times checking with Verizon whether the rate will be adjusted--each time a representative assures me that there's information is noted on the account the price will reflect on my first bill.

I feel that Verizon tries to lure customers to sign up by offering a lower price on the phone because we don't have a record of our conversation.  It can't be just a "one time" mistake by a representive if the same happens to others as well.  Shame on Verizon if this is the tactic they use to lure in and mislead customers.

0 Likes