Visa Prepaid Card
Maier060615
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure if I am in the correct place but here it is...I signed up for FIOS and part of the promotion was a Prepaid Visa in the amount of $150.00.  Long story short I completely forgot about it until the other day when I found it and wanted to use it.  It apparently has an expiration date; there was a $3.00 service charge for March because of the expiration.  I called the number on the back of the card and after much frustration hung up and called back again the following day.  I spoke with someone that told me that there would be a $15.00 fee to replace the expired card (I was told the same thing the night before and read all the paperwork that came with the card - no $15.00 was mentioned.  I told the person that the fee was not mentioned in any of the paperwork and was told that if I went onto the website I would find the information there; while they were on the phone I went to the website and again no mention of a $15.00 fee.  I then asked where I was calling and again like the previous night was told I was calling El Salvador...UGH...I asked to be transferred to someone more important than who I was speaking to.  I was transferred to someone who was the supervisor again they told me all about the $15.00 fee and I told them all about how nowhere is a $15.00 fee mentioned.  I then asked to be transferred to the USA and magically the supervisor told me that they would waive the $15.00 fee and my card would come to me in 30 days...I am assuming that it is coming by carrier pidgeon...30 days...I am now concerned that there is some kind of scam...so again I called the number on the back of the card that says 1-877-610-1075 (the number I have been calling) or Outside U.S. 1-801-214-8892.  I may not be a genius but I do recall enough geography to know that El Salvador is not in the U.S.

I was told by Rick...really??...that I could go back in the queue because randomly someone in the U.S. picks up the phone.  I am hoping that somehow this gets to a Verizon official that is concerned and that I am emailed back or they answer this thread.  O and to top this all off since I have been to the sight myprepaidcenter.com my computer keeps on coming up that I have some phishing malware on my computer...Yup, I am thrilled...again, hopefully I hear from someone...I am off to run scans on my computer...UGH!Smiley Mad

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Visa Prepaid Card
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.